chapter 58

"i love this song!!" i reach over to the radio and turn up the volume. 

Niall grimaces a little. "I'm sorry. is it too loud?" i ask. he shakes his head but his face was still pinched. 

"if i could write you a song, to make you.. fall in love, i would already have you up under my arm. i used up all of my tricks, i hope that you like this. but.. you probably wont, you think you're cooler than me" i sing along. i make all those weird faces and i play around with my glasses. Niall laughs at me. 

Me and Zayn rock out to the music and Niall laughs at us.

"you got designer shades just.. to hide your face. and you wear 'em around like.. you're cooler than me. and you never say hey or.. remember my name and it's probably because.. you think you're cooler than me"

"you got you're high brow.. shoes on your feet and.. you wear 'em around like.. it aint shhh. but you don't know.. the way that you look. when your steps. make. that. much. noise. .. shh. see! i got you.. all figured out. you need everyone's eyes just.. to feel seen. behind your make up.. nobody knows who you even are, who you think that you are"

"if i could write you a song. to make you.. fall in love. i would already have you up under my arm. i used up all my tricks, i hope that you like this. but.. you probably won't, you think you're cooler than me. you got designer shades just.. to hide your face. and you wear 'em around like.. you're cooler than me. and you never say hey or.. remember my name and it's probably because.. you think you're cooler than me"

"you got your high brow.. switch in your walk and.. you don't even look when.. you pass by. but you don't know.. the way that you look when your steps. make. that. much. noise. .. shh. see! i got you.. all figured out. you need everyone's eyes just.. to feel seen. behind your make up.. nobody knows who you even are, who you think that you are"

"if i could write you a song. to make you.. fall in love. i would already have you up under my arm. i used up all my tricks, i hope that you like this. but.. you probably won't, you think you're cooler than me. you got designer shades just.. to hide your face. and you wear 'em around like.. you're cooler than me. and you never say hey or.. remember my name and it's probably becuase.. you think you're cooler than me" 

Zayn stops singing for this one part and Niall backs me up. "Now, don't you dare act like you don't know (don't know) know what's up (know what's up). cause your nose it up" i sniff loudly. "I'm approaching up. pssh. yup. like i can't give you winter in the summer (summer). or summer in the winter. my amie in december tryin' to look border than yours (yours). she probly is. was actin' shy 'till she find out how deep that my pockets is. mrs. pre-madonna this is your reminda that i think you're fine but i'm finer. shine up" 

Zayn still doesn't sing. "cause it sure seems (it sure seems). you got no doubt (you got no doubt). and we all see (we all see). you got your head in the clouds (clooouuuuds) if i could write you a song. to make you.. fall in love. i would already have you up under my arm (under my aaarrm). i used up all of my tricks, i hope that you like this. but.. you probably won't, you think you're cooler than me. you got designer shades just.. to hide your face. and you wear 'em around like.. you're cooler than me (cooler than me). and you never say hey or.. remember my name and it's probably because.. you think you're cooler than me"  

the song ends as Niall pull into the parking lot. he puts the car in park and turns the car off. he takes the key out of the ignition and puts it in his pocket. we all get out of the car and walk to the entrance. Niall opens the door and holds it open for us both. i walk in and turn around to face them. "can you stay out here for a little bit" 

"why?" they ask.

"i just need to say a few words before they see you guys. please. i'll give you a signal to come in" i say.

they look at each other and shrug. 

"i'll be quick. i promise" i give Niall a quick kiss on the cheek and he closes the door. i walk over to the table Emily, Amanda and Jennifer were sitting at. i sit down next to Emily, who is accross from Amanda and Jennifer, 

"hey" i say with a smile. 

"hey" they say and smile back. 

Emily looks at me. "you mentioned something about making it up to me?"

"yes" i smiled brightly. I look over my shoulder and connect eyes with Niall. 

"now?" he mouths. 

i nod and he pushes the glass door open. he and Zayn walk in and come to our table. 

before they reach us Emily slaps my shoulder. "why didn't you tell me they were coming?!" she look at Amanda. "how do i look?" 

"you look lovely, dear" she says in a Brittish accent.

"thanks, love" Emily says with a Brittish accent. 

they come closer. i stand up, "Zayn, you remember Emily right?" i say sarcastically with a stupid grin. 

he smiles "yes" 

i turn around to see Emily blushing. "emily, you remember Zayn right?" 

she smiles at him. "of course" 

i face Zayn again. "well.. sit down" i motion to the seat i stoof up from. 

he slides into the blue rubber booth and keeps his distance. i scoff and turn to Niall, i motion to the booth next to theirs and he nods. i quickly push Zayn's shoulder so he gets closer to Emily. 

I slide into the booth seat next to Niall and get as close as possible. Niall is laughing from me pushing Zayn. i hear Amanda and Jennifer laughing quietly too as i begin to laugh. Emily and Zayn are laughing awkwardly and refusing to meet each other's eyes. 

.. this is going to be a long date. and i'm going to have to work a lot harder to get him to get the courage to ask her out.