chapter 16

my mind raced as my foot shook impatiently. what is he doing? why has he been gone so long?

the small digital numbers on the stove monitor shows me that he's only been gone for two minutes. my foot increases its speed as the seconds tick by. I can here the arm of a clock ticking slowly. tick. tock. tick. tock..  yet there's no clock nearby. except for monitor on the oven that tells you the time, but it makes no noise.

i cant take it anymore!

i sigh and force my sore foot to stop its movements. my eyes dart from one door to the next. this kitchen had quite a few opening. it was rediculous!

after checking all of them i almost officially gave up and decided that he wasnt coming back. i slowly checked the doors with one last attempt to find him.

my heart aches more and more after i check every single doorway. my head spins behind me to the very last doorway that enters the big room that seemed like it was slowly closing in on me. my claustrophobia was kicking in. it was so terrible, my breathing increased vigorously and my head began to spin. I hopped off the stool and made my way to the closest exit as quickly as possible.

my knuckles whitened from my grip on the doorframe to keep myself from falling. my arms were about to give out but then a male frame appeared in front of me. his scent filled my senses and I relaxed immediately.

"I thought I told you not to go anywhere" he chuckled lightly. I closed my eyes and swallowed my fears forcing myself to calm down.

his smile disappeared when he saw me struggling.

"what's wrong?"

"nothing, I'm fine. I just.. " I looked up at him "I need to get out of this room.. like now"

"okay" he held something in his hands but I couldn't see because he held it behind his back. whatever it was he cautiously slipped it in his back pocket.

he takes my arm, wraps it around his neck and then slips his arm around my waist.

"Josh. im not a cripple.. I can walk in my own"

"you didn't look very good a few seconds ago. im not taking any changes" he puts his other hand on the back of my knees and lifts me up of the ground.

I squeal "let me down!!"

"why? you're so light! " he begins jumping. I hug his neck closer and shut my eyes tightly.

he stops and walks out of the kitchen and goes in the directly opposite of everyone.

"where are you going?" I ask.

"I thought it would be better in the front yard"

"why?"

"so away from all the noise and the dumb assess that want to get in all of our business and create drama that shouldn't even exist in the first place" he shrugs.

"im glad im not the only one that thinks of it that way"

he laughed. "yeah"

he stopped when we reached the front door. I tried to get down so he could open the door but he wouldnt let me.

'we're going to be standing here for a long time' I thought to myself. but to my surprise he maneuvered just fine. swiftly opening the door while moving out of the way just enough for the door to graze his knuckles.

he stepped out the door and carefully shut it making sure that it caused barely any noise so no one would notice.