chapter 9

"Josh. it's not what you think, you need to calm down"

Ever since Jonas showed up Josh just about exploded. with every sentence I could feel Josh's grip around me grow tighter.

"I've never seen her cry before Jonas! whatever the hell you did to her it's pretty bad! so don't you dare tell me to calm down!"

damn. remind me to always come to Josh whenever I have guy problems.

"dude, she's not even really crying. please, just calm down" Jonas was doing the best he could. he was talking in a smooth voice and slowly backing up to show that Josh has all the control.

It took Josh a minute time answer, "is he telling the truth?" he gently pushed me away a little so he could see my face. Josh could always tell if I was lying.

I looked down and thought of what I should say. should I tell the truth? or should I lie because of how amusing it is to watch Josh act like a protective older brother. after a minute of debating I shake my head no and pull myself back to his chest. he sighs, he knows I lied.

"WHAT!?? SHE'S LYING!!"

"Jonas, I think it would be best if you just left her alone for a while"

"but..-"

"now"

"you shouldn't lie Liz. it's not good, you're better than that" was the last words he said before walking away with his head hung low. 

"there, I made the big bad wolf go away. happy now?"

I push away from him ass nd scream, "YES!!". he looks at me with a raised eyebrow and Jaden smiled.

"I mean..", I walk back into his arms, "yes" I mumble against his chest. this time Jaden laughs, "So, are you going to introduce me to your girlfriend or what?"

"she's not my girlfriend" Josh said, I thought I heard a hint of sadness in his words but I chose to ignore it.

"oh, sorry. i just figured because she comes to our games and you guys are pretty much as close as you can possibly be" he gestured towards our intertwined bodies.

I pushed myself away from Josh again but more gently this time. "Elizabeth James, but you can call me Liz, Lizzy, Beth, Eli, ... or anything else you can think of" I said holding my hand to him.

He laughed again and took my hand, "it's nice to meet you Elizabeth, or should I say Liz, Lizzy, Beth, Eli, or anything else I can think of". Now I laughed, I just officially met Jaden and I like him a lot more than I thought I would.