chapter 63

Lizzy's POV.

i wake up with a banging headache. worse than my previous one. 

but, this time.. Niall isn't here to comfort me and distract me from the pain. 

.. where is he?

did he leave?

why would he do that?

why would he leave me?

"Niall's still here, if that's what you're wondering" he says.

why is he here!?

i curl my knees up to my chest to be as far away from him as i can. 

"no need for that sweetheart. i'm not going to hurt you" he says with a smirk.

"your words say one thing, but then you smirk and it ruins it for you" 

"oh, honey, i'm a lot more than words" he winks.

"see! there you go again!"

"do you have a problem with it? .. with me?" 

"no, not at all" i sarcastically reply. 

silence roams the room for a few minutes..

"i hear you can sing" he says.

i shoot my head up and look him in the eyes. "what?" 

"I over heard Louis telling Liam that you can sing, good"

i shrug. "okay. what's the big deal?" 

it's a huge deal! i mean, i knew i could sing.. but not good. i always thought i was horrible. i just knew that i was better than most.

when i was around thirteen, i would never sing in front of any body! not even my own family. 

.. but for some reason, i would sing with my friends that i was friends with forever. since, litteral, birth. 

it started in softball try-outs in highschool. freshman year. 1989.

they didn;t know each other at all.. until they were put on the same team. then they started talking and they became best friends. they did every thing with each other.

my mom's friend even ran away from her parents when she eightteen and she stayed with my mom's family. my mom's friend met this guy and they 'fell in love'. they had three children, two older girls and one boy. after the son had turned six the parents split up.

they had trouble arrangling the children's squedules so both of the parents would have an equal amount of time with the children. it was hard the first year.. but then they got used to it and it was a weekly routine. 

it's been even harder to see them when we moved away. but they come to see us every now and then. when they save up their money and drive five hours in a ratty old car that smells like moldy soda and stale candy just to spend the shortest weekend with us. 

ever since my mom died, i have barely seen them anymore. 

my mom was always the one to set up the arrangments for them to come down. without her plans.. every one got lost and they rarely come to visit anymore.

every now and again i get a post card in the mail. 'Hello from, Lake City'.

they used to send them all the time, and there would always be a ton of writing crammed on the back. i have sentimantal gifts from each member of the family.. except the dad (i don't think he liked me very much.. but i guess that's okay. i never talked to him much anyways)