chapter 14

"you're cute when you blush" I mocked him in the stupidest voice I could manage.

he laughed, "you are!"

"okay, I get the point"

"what? you don't like it when people point out your embarrassment?"

"Oh shut up"

before he could say anything else I clasped my hand on the back of his neck and forcefully kissed him.

he was still laughing but after a few seconds he stopped and put some effort into the kiss.

it wasn't long until someone, a seriously annoying bitch, barged in the door making a banging noise making me jump but with Josh's arm on my back I didn't move very far.

Josh didn't seem to care about the booming rucus and tried pulling my back to him. when I didn't budge he whined like a little kid and I giggled.

"Liz?"

I mentally cursed at myself. just by the tone of her voice I knew exactly who it was..

"what!!?"

"woah, down girl"

the high-pitched voice was more than I could bear. it was almost as if she was trying to mock me without trying to but I was fully aware of what she was doing.

"go away Jeanette!"

"right after I find out who Romeo is!"

I didn't say anything. Josh refused to look at her, staring at the fridge so his back was facing her.

"well!??"

"we were in the middle of something! can you just leave!"

"I told you, not until..-"

"Josh! make her leave!"

"Josh?"

he doesnt say anything, just stares at me with his eyebrows raised and a small smile playing across his face. i send him a look like 'what the hell! arent you gonna say something?!!' he snaps back to reality from my look and he turns to stare blankely at the wide-eyed, jaw-dropped teenage bitch.

"but.. aren't you guys.. like.. best friends?"

"uh, yeah. is there a problem?" I say.

"gross!"

"It's not like you haven't made out with your best guy friend"

"yeah, but.. he wasn't my best guy friend then!"

"you say that now"

she looks defeated. totally, utterly..defeated.

she opened her mouth only for it to be shut from her lack of words. she lets out a deep breath sending out her nose then stomping her right foot and storming out the door.

I smile brightly and turn to Josh. his mouth is open even farther than Jeanette's was.

"what?"

"wow. you just exploded on Jeanette! .. I should kiss you more often"

I roll my eyes and he smiles and pulls me back into his lap wrapping his arms firmly around my waist pulling me as close as possible. I rest my head on his shoulder, my eyes slowly closing from my lack of sleep last night. the best thing about this is that I know he will let me sleep until he has a very serious need to.

how did we get from best friends to high school sweethearts so fast?