chapter 17

he set me down on the brick wall in front of the beautiful, blue and white, two-story house.

I thought he was going to sit down next to me but instead he kneeled down and pulled the object out of his pocket.

a beautiful, yellow rose lay in his fingertips.

"Elizabeth Grace James, I have had a love for you since the second grade when I first met you. when Emily introduced us I was at a loss of words. they were jumbling up in my brain but I just couldn't seem to say anything. you were the most beautiful thing I ever saw. you're even more beautiful now and since I got to know to know you better I learned that you are also kind, sweet, funny, smart, loving,..  simply beautiful. with that said, will you please make me the happiest teenage boy in Denver, Colorado and be my girlfriend?"

my hands were covering my mouth. I've seen movies like this, usually the girl would be crying and then jump into the guys arms and he would spin her around while she screamed yes. I've never had the feeling of crying. I don't have any clue to what it feels like. I have always been a tough kid so I've had no reason to cry.

he placed his hands over mine. he moved his thumb in slow circles before he gently removed them from my face.

"of course"

he smiles a smile that I've only seen once before and that was when his mother got remarried to a very charming man.

I didn't know what was going to happen next and Josh surprised me by picking me up again and from all the strength in his upper body we reenacted the scene from 'dirty dancing' except my legs were dangling down because I didn't really want all if the neighbors to see my undergarments.

he slowly lowered his arms and our faces came together creating a passionate kiss that felt like it was missing something but it was still amazing.

when my feet touched the floor I removed my hands from his shoulders and wrapped them around his neck while his hands stayed on my hips.

his lips were soft and warm. the taste of mint shot through my mouth as he surprised me once more.

he was the one to pull away this time. as we both panted a smile crossed his face.

"what?"

he shook his head but his smile grew bigger "nothing"

***

"Liz!! Lizzy!! where is she?!!? Lizzy!!"

I was too busy laughing with Josh that I didn't hear my friend Jennifer yelling for me. she appeared in the doorway and sighed. walking towards me she said "where have you been?!!?! I've been looking everywhere for you!!"

I was sitting in the floor with my legs sprawled out in front of me with my back resting on the side of the couch.

Jaden and Bree are tangled up on the couch.

and Josh is laying on the floor as well with his head on my legs. his hands are folded and planted on his chest.

"I'm sorry.."

"i wanna say that it's okay but it's not. Emily is driving up the street! we need to hide everyone!"

I jumped up and that caused Josh's head to hit the white carpeted floor. "owww" he whined.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for your head to fall" I say and run off with Jennifer.