chapter 32

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"hello, how may I help you?"

"hi. umm, I'm supposed to go home early. my dad called me, there was an emergency at home and he needs me and my brother there right away. he can't come pick us up though. soo.. " I say and she looks at me.

"well, I'm not supposed to just let you guys go without a parent signing you out"

"what if I can get him to talk to you on the phone?"

"yes, that would be great. what's the number?"

"555-0129"

"okay, hold on just one second" she said to me as she held the phone up to her ear.

I hope my brother plays it cool. I've never actually done anything like this before. Alex told me he did it once. he wanted to go home because he and his girlfriend had gotten into a fight and a bunch of people got involved and he didn't want to be a part of it. so he called our older brother Eliye.

Eliye is the best brother you could ask for. he covers for you in any situation. but today he has a very  important date. he's going to propose to his girlfriend.

it is going to be so romantic. the plan was that he was going to blind fold her while they drove to the beach. he was going to take her to a spot where he had engraved 'WILL YOU MARRY ME?' and the letters were going to be surrounded by a gigantic heart and rose petals.

I just hope I caught them before of after he proposed.

"hello, this is Adriana Hoffman from Millowscreek high school. Is this Mr. James?" she said into the phone.

"great. your daughter is here in the office; she said that there is an emergency at home and you need her and her brother there immediately.?"

.

"yes, yes. of course. how would you like us to get them home?"

.

"oh, okay. can you hold on just one second?"

.

"he says that you have your own car. can't you drive you and your brother home?" she asks me.

"well, yes. I do, but I didn't drive it this morning. I umm..  got a ride.. from a friend"

"what about your brother? how did he get here?"

"I don't know. he probably caught a ride with someone" I shrugged.

"well then, I have no way to get you home-"

"okay; I took out all the papers, separated them by teacher's name and then I refiled the ones with signatures. what would you like me to do with the ones without?" Hunter came around the corner carrying a stack of papers.

when he saw me, he flashed me a smile "hello, Liz. what are you doing in here?".

I turned around and covered my face with my hands. this day is to stressful. I just need to go home with Alex so we can watch movies and eat junk food for the rest of the day.

I held back tears. God damn it, hunter! I was almost fine until you turned that freaking corner and ruined it.

I heard the stack of paper get set down on Mrs. Hoffman's giant desk.

oh, please no. hunter you better stay where you are!

his hands turn me around and make me face him. his took made the tears stream down. his damn touch!

"what's wrong?" he asked, I shook my head and looked away.

I thought he was going to say more, but instead he pulled me into

I'm so tired of fighting him. I let him hug me.

a few seconds later he let go and observed my facial expression. "what?" I ask.

"nothing, it's just.. you usually push me away" he said smiling.

"don't think anything of it" I said and his smile faded away.

"so.. what would you like me to do for you?" the woman asked me.

"do you thunk it would be okay if we walked home?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. if you get hurt or worse, it would be on us. I would hate for you to get the school in trouble"

"yes, if course. I guess I'll just go back to class; my dad will have to wait" I shrugged and began to walk away.

Hunter grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to the desk. "what if I took her home? I did drive her here this morning" he said and the woman smiled.

"would you?" she asked.

"yes"

"that would be wonderful. Thank you hunter"

"no problem Adriana"

"Mrs. Adriana! or Mrs. Hoffman. you know this"

"I apologize" he said and turned to me "you ready?".

"no. I need to get my brother"

"Ad- Mrs. Hoffman, can we have a slip to go get her brother from his class"

"of course. one second" she says.

she picked up a yellow notepad. it had some black words and some lines so you could write down the information needed.

when she was done writing, she tore off the top paper and handed it to Hunter. "thank you" he said and began walking away.

when I didn't follow him, he turned around "you coming?"