Chapter 42

Tobias's POV

The alarm on my phone goes off, and I quickly get out of bed. I go into my bathroom and take a quick shower.

I have to get to Tris's house to see how she's feeling.

I throw on a pair of jeans and a red t-shirt. I grab my backpack and my phone and walk downstairs. I go into the kitchen and grab an apple.

"Hey, bro," Justin says.

"Hey," I say.

Justin flew in a few days ago. Once he heard that I'm going to be moving to California after school, he came to spend time with me before I leave. It's been nice having him around, but I haven't been spending that much time with him. I've been spending most of my time with Tris since she's sick.

"Are you going over to Tris's?" Justin asks.

"Yeah. I'm going to see how she's feeling. Then go to school," I tell him.

"Ok. Well, I guess that I'll see you later," he says. I can tell that he's a little disappointed that I'm not spending time with him today.

"Hey," I say. "Why don't we have a bro day tomorrow?"

"Yeah. That would be great, little bro," he replies with a smile.

"Ok. When I get home from school tomorrow, we'll go have a bro day," I say and grab my car keys.

I go out to my car, get in, and drive to Tris's house. I get out, walk up to the door, and knock. I don't want to wake Tris if she's not awake already. Natalie soon opens the door.

"Good morning, Natalie," I say.

"Good morning, Four. I haven't heard any activity going on up there, so I'm guessing that she's still sick. Why don't you go on up there and check on her? Then come down and tell me?" she says.

"Ok. Thank you."

I walk inside, and Natalie closes the door. I walk up to Tris's room and quietly go into her room. She's not in her bed, so I'm guessing she's in the bathroom. Then I hear her groaning in the bathroom. I walk in there and find her throwing up in the toilet.

I kneel down beside her and place my hand on her back. She looks up at me and then quickly moves her head to throw up in the toilet. I hold her hair back out of her face while she continues to throw up. Once she has everything out of her system, she leans back into me, and I rub her back.

"So, I guess you're not going to school again?" I ask, and she slowly nods her head.

"Are you going to the doctor?" She nods her head again.

"Well. I hope that you're going to be ok. I hate seeing you like this. Anyway, I have to get to school. But I'll be back after school to see how everything is. Ok?" I tell her.

"Ok," she says, quietly. I kiss her head, get up off of the floor, and walk out of the room. I find Natalie sitting on the couch in the living room. She looks up from the book she's reading when I walk in.

"Hey," she says. "How is she?"

"Still not well. She was throwing up when I went in, and she looks like she's nauseous," I explain.

"Thank you, Four. I'll make sure to get her to the doctor today," she says.

"Ok. I hope that she's fine," I say.

"Me too," she replies. "Anyway, I hope that you have a good day. And don't worry too much."

"Ok. I'll try not to," I say and walk out to my car.