Chapter 6

Four's POV

I wake up and jump out of bed. I really hope Tris will talk to me. I throw on some jeans, a bright blue shirt, and white sneakers. I grab my stuff and walk downstairs. I sit down at the kitchen table and stare off into space. I start thinking about Tris. Her beautiful eyes, her dazzling smile, her long, blonde hair, her amazing laugh.

"Earth to Tobias," Dad says. That snaps me out of my trance. He used my real name, Tobias.

"Dad. It's Four," I reply.

"I'm sorry. You will always be Tobias to me," he says.

"Fine. Just make sure you don't call me Tobias in front of my friends," I say.

"I would never. So what were you thinking about when you where staring off into space?" Dad asks.

"Tris," I answer.

"She really has changed you hasn't she?" he asks.

"Yeah. She has," I reply.

Dad hands me some eggs, and I eat them. I grab my keys and get in my car. I drive to school and park. I get out of my car and walk to my locker. I get the stuff I need and start walking down the hallway. I run into somebody. Tris.

"Hey Four," she says.

"Hey Tris. Can we talk?" I ask.

"Sorry. I have to get to class," she replies.

I watch Tris walk off, and I sigh. I go find the gang.

"Hey," they all say.

"Hey. I ran into Tris and tried to talk to her. She wouldn't let me," I say.

"I'll talk to her," Christina says.

The bell rings, and we all go to our classes.

---------------page break---------------

The bell rings, and I slowly make my way to lunch. I go through the lunch line and sit down at the table. I take a bite out of my dauntless cake, but I don't enjoy it as much as I usually do. All I can think about is Tris. Tris sits down, and we all look at her. She ignores us and eats her food. When she's done, she looks up at us.

"Listen. Tris. I have something to tell you," I say. Tris just stares at me. I'm about to continue when her brother, Caleb, comes over.

"Bea. Can you take this note to Mrs.Wu?" Caleb asks.

"Sure," Tris replies and takes the note. She gets up.

"Tris. I really need to talk to you," I say.

"Later. I have to do this for my brother," she replies.

"Ok," I say and sigh.

She walks off, and I turn to Caleb.

"Thanks a lot dude," I say.

"Hey. Sorry man," Caleb replies and walks off. I sit down and bang my head on the table, over and over.

"Hey dude. Stop!" Zeke says. I look up at him.

"She won't let me talk to her. Every time I try to she finds an excuse to leave," I explain.

"Hey. I'm having a party tonight. We will get her to talk to you there," Zeke says.

"If she will even go," I reply.

"Don't worry. She will. If she says no, we'll stick Christina on her," Zeke says. I laugh.

Tris comes back in and throws her trash away. The bell rings, and she walks out. I throw my trash away and run after her. I get to the music room and sit down beside Tris. I might as well try one more time before the party.