Chapter 33

Tris's POV

I wake up and smile when I realize what today is. It's Valentine's day. The day for lovers. I'm so excited! I wonder what Tobias will do.

I jump out of bed and take a nice, soothing shower. I go to my closet and finally pick my outfit: a long sleeve hot pink crop top, black high-waisted jeans, and hot pink ankle boots. I curl my hair, put a section of my hair at the back up, and put in a black bow.

I grab my backpack and phone and run downstairs to the kitchen. I grab a muffin and quickly eat it. The doorbell rings, and I rush to open the door. I open it to see Tobias on one knee with a dozen daisies. I feel a smile immediately spread on my face.

"Happy Valentine's Day, love," Tobias says with his adorable, heart-melting smile. I take the daisies from him, and he stands up. I put the daisies in a vase and face him.

"Thank you, Tobias. They're lovely," I say and put my arms around his neck. He pulls me closer to him.

"You're welcome. Love." He gently presses his lips onto mine, and I kiss him back. After a minute, we pull away for air.

"I love you," I say.

"I love you, too," he says. "Let's go." We get into his car, and he drives us to school. He gets out and quickly walks to my door to open it. I get out, and he grabs my hand. We walk to my locker first this time and then to his.

"So. I am going to pick you up at your house tonight at 8:00. For your Valentine surprise," Tobias says.

"Ok. I can't wait," I say. The bell rings, and we both sigh.

"I'll see you at lunch," he says, and I nod my head.

"Yeah. See you then," I reply and quickly kiss him. He hugs me, and I walk off to my first period. I sit down in the back and wait for the teacher to come in. When she does, she slumps in her chair with a sigh.

"Ok, class. Settle down. Settle down," she says. "Today is a free day. Do whatever you want. Just please don't get too loud. I was up all night with the baby." Everybody automatically goes to find their friends. Christina, Marlene, and Shauna immediately find me.

"So," Christina says. "What has Four done so far?" I roll my eyes with a smile.

"All he did so far is give me a dozen daisies. But he's picking me up tonight at 8:00 to take me somewhere. And I'm so excited. I can't wait to see what he has planned," I explain.

"I know. So far Will has given me a $50 gift card for American Eagle. Which I love. But I know that he's taking me somewhere later," Christina says.

"Uriah got me a new bow and arrow set for my archery targets in my back yard. He's taking me somewhere later, and he hinted at a picnic," Marlene says.

"Zeke got me a box of my favorite kind of chocolates, and he said something about horses. So, I'm really excited! I love horses!" Shauna exclaims.

"Well. We'll just have to wait and see what happens," I say, and they all sigh.

I really can't wait!

---------------page break----------------

The bell rings, and I walk straight to the cafeteria. I go through the line, get my lunch, and sit down beside Tobias at the table. I start eating my food.

"So. Tris. We need to go shopping for Prom dresses," Christina says.

"Christina. Prom is like three months away," I tell her.

"So. That doesn't matter. You can never start shopping too early. Look at me. I shop all of the time," she replies.

"Yeah. And your dad is always working to keep money in the bank," Zeke says, and Christina throws a fry at him. We all laugh.