Chapter 36

Tobias's POV

The alarm on my phone wakes me up, and I get up out of bed. I go into my bathroom and take a quick shower. I wrap a towel around my waist and walk into my closet. I pick out a light blue t-shirt and some black jeans, and I change into them. I throw my new black leather jacket on and slip on my grey Converse. I grab my stuff, walk downstairs, and sit down at the kitchen table.

"Good morning, Tobias," Dad says.

"Morning, Dad," I say. He sets down a plate with bacon and scrambled eggs on it.

"Thanks." I start eating, and Dad sits down to join me.

"Is everything going ok?" he asks.

"Yeah," I answer. "Tris and I are doing great, and my friends haven't been  better."

"Well. That's good. I'm glad that you're life is looking up, son," he says.

"Yeah. Me too," I reply. I finish eating my breakfast and grab my car keys.

"Bye, Dad."

"Bye, Tobias." I walk out to my car, get in, and drive to Tris's house. I walk up to her door and ring the doorbell. Tris answers it, and she looks amazing with that flannel around her waist.

"Hey, Tobias," she says. I love the way she says my name.

"Hey, Tris," I reply, and she hugs me.

"You ready to go?"

"Yeah," she says, and we both get into my car. I start it up and drive us to school. We split up to go to our lockers and meet at Tris's locker.

"Last night was amazing," Tris starts. "Thank you for all of it."

"No problem," I say. "I love doing these things for you. Big and little. As long as you know that I love you." I pull her closer to me, and she wraps her delicate little arms around my neck.

"Tobias. You don't have to do things to show you that you love me. I already know that you love me. And I love you too," she tells me and kisses me. We both smile when we pull away from the kiss. Man. I love this girl.

"Sometimes people just need a reminder." She laughs.

"Well," she says. "If kissing me is a reminder, then I don't care if you remind me." Well. Maybe I will. I start leaning in to kiss her again, but the bell cuts me off by ringing. We both sigh.

"I'm expecting that reminder later," she tells me, and I laugh.

"Bye," I say.

"Bye." She waves, and I watch her walk off to her first class. I walk to my class and sit down in the back. Mrs.Johnson starts teaching, but I don't really pay attention. My mind wanders off, and I start thinking about Tris.

I love her so much. I really hope that we will stay together after high school. Hopefully, we'll make it work. Hopefully, we'll go somewhere and be together. Because I can't lose her. Not again. She's my everything. My world. My love. She's the one that got me out of my 'my-mom-that-beat-me-said-I'm-a-nothing-so-that-must-be-true' stage.

She makes me feel like I deserve to be here; she makes me feel like my mom was wrong all of those years.

---------------page break--------------

The bell rings, dismissing me from class, and I walk to the cafeteria. I walk through the line, grab my food, and sit down beside Tris whose already eating.

"Do you still want that reminder?" I ask her, and she laughs.

"Of course I do," she replies, and I kiss her. I start eating my food, and we all eat in silence for a little while. Then Will breaks it.