Chapter 24

Tobias's POV

I feel people shaking me out of my not so peaceful sleep. I groan and roll over. They continue to shake me, so I open my eyes.

"It's time to go to school, buddy," Zeke says. I sigh and get up out of bed. I take a minute shower and change into some black clothes. I brush my hair down some. We go downstairs, and the guys eat breakfast. I don't. I don't feel like eating at all.

We then get in our cars and drive to school. The gang helps me to my locker, and I gather my stuff. I stand there and start thinking about Tris once again.

She's beautiful. She's amazing, She's wonderful. She's one of a kind. She's gone. She's not mine. I let her slip away. How could I? I need her again. I can barely live without her. I can't love without her. My heart is completely broken. A question pops into my mind.

What do you do when the one who broke your heart is the only one who can fix it?

What can I do? What is happening? Why is it happening?

All of a sudden, I start shaking uncontrollably. Then a muscle spasm attacks me. I fall to the ground, and my hearing shuts off. Tears form in my eyes, and I let them fall. I see Tris run over. She squats down in front of me and says something. But I can't hear it. I then see Jax and another spasm attacks me.

Tris says something else and the guys pick me up. They carry me to the nurse's office where the nurse inspects me. She talks to the gang and gives me a shot. I feel my muscles relax, and I fall limp.

After awhile of silence, I hear someone sigh. Then they start talking.

"You're worrying me; you know that right?" It's Tris. Silence. But I know she's talking. "I miss how we used to be. I hate how we can't even talk to each other anymore." More words I can't hear. "For me." She squeezes my hand. There's another stretch of silence.

"Please. Be ok," she says.

Ok. I'm too tired to strain to listen. I need my rest. I finally relax my mind and fall asleep.

----------------page break---------------

The shot wears off, and I start moving. I open my eyes and slowly sit up. And in front of me is Tris. I forgot she was here.

"Hey. Are you ok?" Tris asks. She's actually talking to me? Does she still care? I slowly nod my head. I can't trust myself to speak.

"Are you sure? You were having muscle spasms," she says. I nod my head again.

"Ok. Well, it's almost time for lunch. You ready to go?" she asks, and I nod my head once again.

I get up, and we walk out together. Tris stays by my side the whole way to the cafeteria. We walk in and go through the line. She helps me with my tray, and we sit down at the table with the gang.

"Hey Four. Are you ok?" Zeke asks. I nod my head and start picking at the food that I won't eat.

"Come on. You need to eat. You haven't are anything today," Will says. I shake my head no and push my tray of food away. The gang sighs.

"What's wrong?" Tris asks. Please, don't tell her.

"Four isn't eating anymore. We got him to eat a small apple yesterday, but he hasn't eaten since then. He also won't talk," Uriah explains.

"Four. Why won't you eat?" Tris asks me. I don't reply. I'm not telling her.

"Come on. You have to eat something. You have to talk. Why won't you?" she asks again. Should I say something?