Chapter 28

Tobias's POV

I feel someone start to wiggle in my arms. It looks like I'm going to wake up. My eyes flutter open, and I smile when I see Tris in my arms. And then I remember what happened. We got back together.

"Good morning, beautiful," I say in my morning voice.

"Good Morning, handsome," she says. "Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's fine. At least I got to wake up to you," I tell her. I kiss her head, and she smiles. I love her so much.

"Well. I have to get ready for school," she says, and I nod my head. I get up out of my bed and walk to my closet to find Tris's clothes.

Now. Where are they? Oh. I think I see them. Before I can grab them, I feel Tris's fingers trace the scars on my back. I shiver at her touch.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Tracing your scars," she answers.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because I love your scars," she says, and I turn around to face her. I have something I need to tell her.

"And I love your scars too. All of them," I start. "They've made you who you are. A brave, selfless, smart, kind, and honest person. When you want to be." She laughs. I tuck a piece of her hair behind her ear before I continue.

"I love all of your imperfections. And I love all of your perfections. I love your laugh. It's contagious. I love your smile. It brightens any room. I love your eyes. My two beautiful jems. I love your hair. The way it flows. I love everything about you. You're perfect to me. And it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks." I just let everything pour out of me. Because I can't lose her again.

"Wow. I love you, Tobias. So much," Tris says with her smile that brightens the room.

"I love you too, Tris. So much." I press my lips to hers, and she kisses back. She wraps her arms around my neck, and we pull away after a minute. We smile at each other. Man, I love this girl.

"I hate to ruin this beautiful moment. But, we need to get ready for school," she tells me, and I sigh. I don't want to go to school. But I'm not going to whine.

"I know." I get her clothes out of the closet and hand them to her.

"Thanks." She gets something out of her bag and goes into the bathroom to get ready. I go back to my closet and pick out an outfit. I put on a bright red t-shirt and some jeans. I slip on my grey converse and get my stuff ready. Tris soon comes out of my bathroom and looks at me.

"I wanted us to match," I explain, and she laughs.

"Hey. I have an idea. So, the gang doesn't know that we're back together. I say we mess with them," she says. I'm curious.

"What's the plan?" I ask.

"I say we confuse them," she starts. "I heard that our classes are going to be joining this morning. So, the whole gang is going to be in my normal first period. When we see each other there, we act like we're mad at each other. I'll make up somethkng, so just go along with it. And just remember that whatever I say I don't mean.

"And then. When we see each other at lunch, we act all nervous and scared. We keep glancing at each other, and everything startles us. Then, when we meet up at my locker at the end of the day, we act like we're confused. We "fell" down and hit our heads. I don't remember you guys. And you act like you hate me because you don't know me."

But I didn't hate her when I didn't know her. Well, I'll still go along with it. This is a very elaborate plan.

"Wow. You really planned this out," I say.