Chapter 23

Tris's POV

"Bea. Wake up. It's time for school," I hear someone say. It's Jax. I open my eyes and see him sitting on my bed already dressed. I sit up.

"Good morning," I say.

"Good morning," he replies.

"Where did you get the clothes?" I ask.

"I stole them from Caleb while he was asleep," he says, and I laugh.

"Well. I have to get ready," I say and get out of bed.

I take a quick shower and put on my outfit: black leggings and a light grey long-sleeve crop top. I brush my hair and put it up into a bun. I apply some black mascara and nude lipstick. I walk out of the bathroom and throw on my grey heeled ankle boots.

"You look amazing," Jax says.

"Thanks," I say and grab my stuff. We walk downstairs and sit down at the counter.

"Good morning," Mom says and hands both of us a plate with bacon and eggs on it.

"Thanks Mom," I say.

"Thank you, Mrs.Prior," Jax says.

"Please. Call me Natalie," Mom replies.

Jax and I eat the food and get in my car. I drive us to school and park in an empty space. We go inside and go to our lockers. We get the stuff we need, and I look down the hallway. I see the gang crowded around a figure. And the figure is Tobias.

"Jax. Something's wrong," I say and run down the hall with Jax behind me. When I get there, I see that Tobias is shaking uncontrollably and having small muscle spasms.

"What's wrong with him?" I ask.

"We don't know. He just collapsed," Marlene says. I squat down in front of him.

"Four. Can you hear me?" I ask. He doesn't answer, and another muscle spasm attacks him.

"We need to get him to the nurse. Now!" I inform, and Zeke, Uriah, Will, and Jax carry him to the nurse's office. The nurse inspects him while he's still shaking.

"The muscle spasms are caused by a load of stress and anxiety. We'll give him a shot to relax his muscles, but it will also put him to sleep. I would advise that at least one of you stay here with him until he wakes up. Just to be safe," the nurse explains.

"Thank you," I say, and she gives Tobias a shot. He stops shaking and falls limp. She walks off, and I turn to the gang.

"So. Who's going to stay here with him?" I ask.

"Will, Uriah, Shauna, Marlene, and I can't. Mrs.Johnson hates us missing class unless it's neccessary," Zeke says.

"And I have to finish my project in Ms.Mathews," Christina tells me.

"Well. I guess I can stay with him," I say.

"I can stay with you," Jax says.

"No. This is your second day. You don't need to miss any classes. I'll be fine," I reply.

"Ok," he says, and they all leave. I sit in a chair beside Tobias and sigh.

"You're worrying me; you know that right? I'm having a hard time not to. I miss how we used to be. Friends. I hate how we can't even talk to each other anymore. Please be ok. You have to be ok. For me," I say and squeeze his hand. I put my hands in my lap and stare at the clock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

"Please. Be ok," I say one last time.

----------------page break--------------

It's almost lunch, and Tobias still hasn't woken up. How much longer will this take? I look over at him and see that he's moving. He opens his eyes and slowly sits up.

Divergent High: Starting Overजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें