Chapter 4

Four's POV

I wake up and roll out of bed. I take a quick shower and put on some jeans, a white muscle shirt, and white sneakers. I grab my stuff and go downstairs. I go into the kitchen and sit down at the table. Dad gives me a plate of blueberry pancakes and sits down across from me. I start eating.

"So. When am I going to meet the new girl?" Dad asks.

"Whenever the gang wants to come over here," I answer.

"Well. I'm looking forward to it," he says.

I finish my food and grab my car keys. I get my stuff and get in my car. I drive to school and go to my locker. I get the stuff I need and find the gang.

"Hey guys," I say.

"Hey. Can we all come to your house after school?" Will asks me.

"Umm. Sure. I guess," I reply.

"Tris!" Christina yells. Tris comes over to us.

"Hey," she says.

"Hey. So we are all going to Four's house after school. Do you want to come?" Christina asks.

"Sure. I'd love to," Tris replies.

"We have cheerleading and football practice after school first. Are you willing to stay?" Shauna asks her.

"I guess. But this time I'm not running. I'm reading," Tris says.

"Are you sure?" I ask. I don't want to her to stay if she doesn't want to.

"I'm sure," she says. The bell rings.

"Come on. Let's go," Christina says and drags Tris away. I walk to my first class with Zeke and Uriah.

----------------page break---------------

The bell rings, and I walk to lunch alone. I grab a piece of dauntless cake and a water bottle. I sit down at the table. Tris sits down in front of me, and Christina sits next to her. Lauren walks over to us and sits down beside me. She wraps her arm around mine. Oh brother.

"Hey Four," Lauren says.

"What do you want Lauren?" I ask and take her arm off of mine.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out tonight," Lauren says.

"For the last time Lauren. No. I don't like you," I reply.

"Fine," she says and walks off.

"What was that about?" Tris asks.

"Lauren has had a major crush on Four since freshman year," Zeke says.

"Ok," she says. A guy comes over and sits down beside Tris.

"Hey Bea. Umm. I'm freaking out. Susan called today, and she said some horrible stuff. I don't want to believe it. I don't know what to do," the guy says to Tris.

"Hey. Caleb. It's ok," Tris says and takes his hands. I start to get jealous.

"Just breathe. Everything will be ok. Calm down," she says. The guy takes deep breaths.

"Ok. Thank you. I love you Bea," he says and kisses her forehead.

Why does he have a nickname for Tris? Why did Tris hold his hands? Why did he say he loves Tris? Why did he kiss Tris? Why do I care?

The guy walks off, and we all stare at Tris.

"Now. What was that about?" I ask.

"That's Caleb. My brother. He's having some problems with his girlfriend," Tris replies.