"I'll do my best, Albus."

"You always do."

"There is something else I'd like to discuss with you, Albus."

"Certainly."

"It's about Lin. You've got to take her away from here, Albus. She's becoming a liability."

"A liability? In what way?" said Albus, his eyes shimmered as they bored into Remus'.

"She's using Death Eater jargon. She's referring to Voldemort as the Dark Lord."

"She must've picked it up from Severus."

"We can't afford any weak links, Albus."

"I thought you were fond of Lin."

"I am fond of her. That's why I want her to go...before it's too late."

"She's much too valuable to send away."

"Valuable to whom?"

"That's a discussion for another day. As for her safety, Severus is looking after her-"

"Severus?" barked Remus. "Just how thinly do you think you can spread him, Albus?"

"It must be Severus." Albus' tone was as even and pleasant as usual, but Remus could feel a sudden energy in the air; it practically crackled. Although Remus didn't fear Albus or his temper, he did respect the elder wizard and understood that Albus was an aging, and very tired, man.

"What happened to her, Albus?" said Remus in a calmer, less severe tone of voice.

"I beg your pardon?"

"You know what I'm asking. Lin's defensive of Severus, and you're being very secretive. I've known Severus since we were children. Granted I was never a close friend of his, but I do know him about as well as anyone; and I've never known him to be so friendly with someone since he was a schoolboy."

"I have asked Severus to look after Lin."

"Severus does what he's asked in the coldest most efficient manner possible. He doesn't make friends with his charges. There's a reason why he's being nice to Lin. Something happened to her, what was it?"

Albus removed his spectacles and rubbed his eyes. "You're a very perceptive young man, Remus. But I made a promise to Lin that I will not break. You will have to accept the current arrangement until Lin, herself, chooses to confide in you."

"Alright, Albus, I would never ask you to break a promise, but I must insist that you hide Lin. I'm sure there's someplace you can hide her where she can still perform whatever task it is you require of her."

"I shall consider it, Remus."

"Thank you," said Remus as he headed for the door. "Oh, um, Sirius is here. He wants to talk to you."

"Two at the request of one," said Albus with a grin.

Remus shrugged, "Sorry."

"Send him up."

#

"What can I do for you, Sirius?" said Albus pleasantly as Sirius practically flung open the study door; not in temper, but in impetuous zeal.

"I'll get right to it, Albus."

"I'd be grateful if you did. It's quite late."

Sirius strode to the desk and leaned down, placing both hands on it. "What were you thinking having an Order meeting at a muggle house?"

"We've had meetings in muggle homes before," replied Albus.

"Yes, but the muggles weren't home at the time."