He heard someone cried out ...one of his bullets had injured or if luck was on his side killed one of the Frenchman. Who would have thought that the cottage would have an underground cellar? They had checked the entire place; there were no horse tracks, footprints or sign of human except them when they arrived at the cottage. What these Frenchmen knew how to fly or something? Joshua threw his empty pistol on the floor and withdrew another from his boot.

David bolt through the door just as the cellar door burst opened instantly killing the man before he can fire his pistol. "I should have known Mr. Woody would have a cellar to put all his treasures!" David chuckled, eyes lingering on the opened cellar door. David who was hiding in the bushes, to keep an eye out for anyone who entered the cottage that wasn't his friend, was getting restless know one was heard approaching and that puzzled him. It got even more perplex when he heard pistol shoots from within the cottage. He had wondered if he had missed something. Now looking at the men emerging from the secret underground cellar, they clearly had missed something.

" David let's take this outside! " his friend step aside from the entrance, still firing at the ground while keeping an eye on the cellar door as Joshua made his way outside the cottage.

"Finally, something to shoot at!" Jake mumbled, from where he sat in one of the trees that surrounded the cottage like an armor. He saw his friends who were being chased by Frenchmen that emerged from the cottage, dive into the bushes. Only one thing he could think of was...dam that cunning Mr. Woody! He started firing his pistol with a smirk lingering on his face.

"Take cover!" The commander laid with his stomach pressed against the forest floor, some of men adhered to his warning while the others perish. Moving on his elbows to where the two gentlemen escaped, he silently cursed. The letter was more than convincing; even a jury would believe it. Then what went wrong? How did they know it was a trapped? With frustration, he raised to his feet no longer a target for the scoundrel in the tree and began chasing the gentlemen.

David and Joshua gasped for breath, backs pressed against a huge oak tree. Hiding from the Frenchmen who escaped Jake's crack shots. " Shit! Josh I'm out of bullets!" His eyes were still focus on his empty pistol to have notice the dead glare he was receiving from his friend. Joshua couldn't believe what he was hearing; David was told to carry more than one pistol with him. The scoundrel really had the sense to travel with one! Resting his foot against the tree, Joshua pulled out another pistol from his other boots. "Shoot to kill!" The shots that keep firing at them was giving Joshua a headache, Jake couldn't get a clean shot at them, David wasn't a crack shot hell the guy hardly knew how to use a pistol. Perhaps that's why he only walked with one?

"Nonsense" Joshua needs to do something to get them out of this little situation.

"What?" David asked, with a raised of a brow.

"Regiment ahead!" Jake bellowed, his blue eyes widen at the amount of men approaching from the distance. His gaze slowly diverted to the pistol in his hand before returning to the men that was approaching, fast. He didn't have enough shots! Jake had two more pistols hidden in each of his boots but it still wasn't enough. He kept repeating the words as he began to make his way down the tree. Wondering if he would make it in time. Christ, why did I have to choose the tallest tree!

The Frenchmen had scurried at Jake's warning and hearing the heavy hooves vibrating throughout the Forest. The gentlemen made it back to the cottage; they couldn't leave Jake besides their horses were not in reaching distance. "Jake hurry up!" David looked up with concern at his friend who was climbing down the tree. His injured arm was slowing him down. "Jake! You see why I should have been the one in the tree!"