Chapter 1: So Far So Great

Mulai dari awal

"I'm sorry" Kayla said breaking apart from her boyfriend, "I didn't know you were here, we were just leaving to get some lunch want to come?"

I'm glad she was being nice and all, but she didn't have to. She was almost forcing it. "No" I said, "I have class. Bye."

"See ya" she smiled.

She was too happy for her own good. I bet nothing bad has ever happened to her in her life. I opened the door to leave and ran into another one of her friends...two actually. I recognized them too. Anastasia and Maria. Did all of her friends follow her here from high school? I rolled my eyes, bumping between them and leaving.

-Kayla's View-

"What was her problem?" Maria asked.

"I'm not sure" I said, "she seemed kind of upset. I'll talk to her later. Dylan &  I were going to lunch, want to come?"

"Sure!" Anastasia said, "but Demi's in town!"

"Really?! I haven't check my phone I just got out of class" I said.

"Yeah" Maria said, "and she wants to meet us. We are meeting her outside the cafe in 10 minutes."

"Okay let's go!" I said excitingly. I couldn't wait to see Demi. Freshly married and back from her honeymoon with David. They waited for quite a while after he proposed before they actually got married. They filmed their movie first and had a lot of career stuff to do. Dylan and I have been going strong ever since he gave me the promise ring too. We graduated high school together and ironically everyone but Demi from the LovatoIsLouder group are all going to this college. It all seemed to be working out really well. It was really hard to adjust to college life at first. Everyone knew my name and that I'm a famous singer on top of the charts. That's what they said anyway. Truth is, I have been on top of the charts, I'll admit it, but I also wanted to have a great college experience like most of my friends. I wanted to go to college with them and have a good time so I did. I'm still singing and writing music, but it's been coming second next to college. I'm taking lots of music and acting classes, and I'm still recording but my next album isn't going to be released for awhile.

Demi was the first one there and I started screaming and throwing my arms around her. she screamed as soon as she saw me too and started laughing. When we separated, we all started asking her questions and asked how she was doing. We walked into the cafe and ordered before she began explaining anything.

"How are you?" I asked, "I feel like we haven't seen you in years."

"I know!" Demi exclaimed, "it's been way too long, but everything was amazing! Hawaii was a beautiful place, and everything seemed perfect."

"Where's David now?" I asked.

"I told him I wanted some time with my group" she smiled, "I miss hanging out with you guys."

"Trust me," Anastasia said, "we missed you too."

"Yeah, what's college without Demi throwing massive parties at David's house" Maria laughed.

"Hey that was only like...four or five times" Demi laughed.

-Simone's View-

Are you kidding me? I leave the dorm to get away from her and her happy friends and they walk into the cafe? This was ridiculous, and is that Demi Lovato? Of course it is. I barely ever pay attention to the celebrities or famous music people these days. I only know Demi because my little sister was a huge fan. Was being the operative word. Great now I'm thinking about my little sister. I hope they're happy. I sunk down into the booth and searched my roommate's name. Immediately all these news stories popped up and millions of pictures. Who in the hell was this chick? I clicked on the first news story and started reading it.

Siblings Kayla Dane and David Stanely Go Their Separate Ways:

While David Stanley has just finished filming another movie with his girlfriend Demi Lovato, his sister and hit singer, Kayla Dane, is heading to college. After an interview she revealed she just wanted to have a regular college experience with her friends. I don't think we've heard the last from her, we hear she's majoring in music, which isn't a surprise considering her first hit It's Your Life hit double platinum just a couple years ago. Kayla also explained that she still plans on writing music and wants to put out another album in a year or two. 

Movie? Hit singer? Double platinum?! My roommate is a celebrity? How did I miss that? This has got to be some joke. I slammed my computer closed and threw it into my bag. Someone was messing with me. Why would someone put me in the same room with a celebrity? Someone who is famous and has everything they've ever wanted. She's probably never been through anything tragic or traumatic in her life. I hated people like her even more than I hated myself. I got up from the booth and tried to walk out hoping she wouldn't see me, but no luck.

"Hey Simone!" 

-Kayla's View-

"Hey Simone!" I said, "I thought you had class?"

"Yeah" she replied, "I needed coffee first."

"Want to meet my friends?"

"No" she replied, "I think they've done enough."

"What's wrong with her?" Dylan asked while we watched her walk away.

"I have no idea" I started to say, but then I looked back over at her again and noticed something, "oh my God..."

"What is it?" Dylan asked, "are you okay?"

"No" Demi replied instead of me, "do you see the same thing I do?"

I nodded my head, "I can't believe it."

"I think it was meant to be" Demi said, "think about it, you've already overcome it."

"Now I have to help someone else" I responded.

"What's going on?" Maria said, "tell us!"

"Simone, my roommate" I started, "she cuts. She said she was here for coffee, but she didn't have coffee in her hand. She's been showing the same signs I did three years ago. It didn't occur to me until now. What do I do?"

"Wow" Maria said.

"Yeah, I didn't see that coming" Anastasia said.

"Talk to her" Demi said, "but wait until you two are alone in your dorm. Just tell her that you know, and want to help."

"Okay" I sighed, "I just can't believe it."

"Me either" Maria said, "but she does seem kind of depressed."

"Yeah and look at the attitude she's had lately, she's clearly depresed" Anastasia said.

"Yeah" I said.

"Hey" Dylan said putting his arm around me, "relax. You've overcome it and I'm sure you've helped a lot of others with my music. Just let her know your story. That way she knows your life isn't completely perfect."

"Thanks" I said leaning into him, "I love you."

"I love you too" he replied.

Yeah I thought..first year of college...so far so great.

THE END CHAPTER 1!!

So there is the first chapter! VOTE & COMMENT!

feedback? :)