Suspicion

<><><><>

  Months pass...

  Daniel hadn't been to school for a long time. And now here he is, but he has a bloody elbow. Had Dutch gotten to him? I hope.

  I see Tommy, Bobby, and Dutch in a deep conversation. I walk up to them and they stop talking. "Dutch did you ..."

  "No, that's what we were wondering, he's been getting a bloody fist and jaw's lately," Dutch answers. "He's had a really bad temper too, I was at the dance last night and he punched this guy,"

  "I'm going to go check it out," Tommy says, beckoning us.

  We follow him over to Daniel. He wasn't with Ali anymore. "Hey primma donna, "

  Daniel glares at us. "Look just leave me alone, okay?" he pushes through us. Dutch grabs his shirt. "What happened to you," Dutch grabs his elbow. It was worse up close.

  Daniel yanks his arm away. "Look just shut up!" he punches Dutch's stomach and runs behind the school.

  Dutch was on the ground holding his stomach. My eyes narrow and I storm behind the school. Daniel was on the ground kneeling. Bobby and Tommy run forward and grab Daniels arms and hold him up. "You don't punch me!" Dutch says screaming in rage and running forward to punch Daniel over and over again in the stomach.

  I fold my arms and watch.

<><><><>