Recovery

Daniel and Miyagi drive away, John and the rest of us lay there in shock. John turned his gaze at us, the looked down at his fists, he looks over at us again then stands up and runs into a man. 

"Hey, watch it!"

  I watch as he runs away and wince as I touch my throat. "I am not going to his Dojo anymore," I say, breathing heavily. 

  Tommy and Bobby nod. "Same man,"

  Dutch walks up to us smiling, he obviously knew what happened and thought it was funny that John was getting so mad at Miyagi. "Hey man, what happened?"

  I shake my head. "You don't want to know," I stand and walk over to my broken trophy and stare down at the plastic broken gold pieces.

  "What about Daniel?" Bobby asks, slightly smiling.

  "Yeah," Dutch says. "Can I still beat him up?" he pounds his fists. I cry out and hold my stomach, as piercing pain fills my lungs.

  Tommy runs up to me and holds my shoulders. "Hey man, you okay?"

  I nod. "I think my ribs are bruised. Tommy beckons Bobby over, he grabs my other arm. "Guys, I can walk." I say shrugging them off.

  Tommy and Bobby let go of me. "Fine man,"

  "So, what now?" Tommy asks. "Now that we know John is a loser, we don't have to go to his Dojo,"

  I nod and walk away. "I sure wanna get my hands on his neck now."

  <><><><>