Welcome to New York

So, here's the final cover! What do you think?

"New York growled at my window, but I was ready for it." The Doctor read as he leaned against my back. He continued to something about cleavage, which I didn't really feel like listening to.

Amy, who was laying next to Rory on the rock we were sitting on top of, looked up from her newspaper.

"Doctor, you're doing it again."

"I'm reading!"

"Aloud," I said. "Please could you not?" In all honesty, I like his reading. Maybe I just like listening to his voice and understanding what the hell he's saying, since I usually can't when he is talking regularly. But he reads slower then he talks, so I can keep up.

"What's the book?" Rory asked. I took a sip of my coffee and answered before The Doctor could.

"Melody Malone." I returned his smirk and then let a state of drama wash over me. "She's got ice in her heart, and a kiss on her lips, and a vulnerable side she keeps well hidden." Rory shrugged and lay back down by Amy, returning to his book. The Doctor turned a little to look at me.

"You've read it?" He asked, sounding slightly insecure. I set down my Percy Jackson book.

"No. You read it. Aloud. And then you went, 'Yowzah!'" I turned to face him. "I've been meaning to ask for a while. Are you cheating on me with a book?"

"You know, only you could fancy someone in a book," Rory said, turning on his stomach to face us, mostly The Doctor.

I glanced at my own book. "You know, I'd have to disagree," I said.

"She's not real. And anyway, I just like the cover."

"Ooh," Amy said, clambering over. I turned around and perched my chin on he's shoulder, wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Can we see the cover?" I asked sweetly.

"No, no, no," he said, hiding it from us and trying to move away. That part didn't work well, since I was clinging to him like a tattoo. "No, I'm busy," he said. I smirked at his pathetic excuse. "There's something different about, you, isn't there?" He said, looking at Amy.

Yeah, I agree. She got reading glasses. Hello.

I snatched his book while he was distracted. He made a noise of protest, but I was already inspecting the cover.

"Ooh, Doctor," I said in a dreamy voice. "She's gorgeous."

"You really think so?"

"No. I don't. And I don't see how you do, you can't even see her face." He made a grab for it, but I held it out of his reach, and frowned at him. He tackled me into the blanket, and wrestled the book from my grasp in a tangle of playful growls and laughter.

As soon as he got it, he pulled away and went back to pondering over what was differing about Amy. "Your hair. Is it your hair?"

"Shut up, I'm wearing glasses. I wear reading glasses now."

"They make your eyes look liney," he said. He moved them off her eyes, but then set them back. "No, never mind, they're fine. Carry on."

You don't just say that to a woman.

"Uh... okay. Well, who wants more coffee? Me too! I'll go!" Rory started to hurry away.

"Rory," Amy said sweetly. "Do I have noticeable lines under my eyes now?"

"No," he said without turning around.

"You didn't look," Amy said tightly.

"Well I remember noticing- not noticing! I specifically remember not noticing."