Lots at Steak

I'd given up beating myself up because of my emotions in the other reality. It wasn't getting me anywhere. No matter what I thought of him I'd just wake up in Leadworth wearing tin foil and hopelessly in love with an idiot.

"It's really cold, have you got any warm clothing?" Amy asked The Doctor.

"What does it matter if we're cold?" He snapped, obviously frustrated. "We have to know what she's up to!"

After catching my eye and seeing the fury he was already building in me by snapping at Amy, he recognized his mistake.

"Sorry. Sorry, there should be some stuff down there. Have a look," he said.

I let Amy and Rory get the stuff alone. The Doctor went down to get something under the glass floor, and I watched him. Somehow, we held a tense, yet comfortable silence as I watched him scuttle about below me and listened to Amy and Rory's quiet murmering voices down the hall. The Doctor and I both knew that I was thinking about my confusing feelings in the other reality, and he was wise not to interrupt me.

To be honest, when he wasn't talking or attempting physical contact or doing anything too noisy, I could tolerate his company. I could see myself enjoying settling down with a book while he tinkered with the Tardis or read something. As long as I didn't touch him and he didn't bother me, I could see myself enjoying his presence for a long period of time.

I slapped myself. Snap out of it, Ruby!

What was wrong with me? It must be the emotions from the from the other reality bleeding through again. I sure hope that universe isn't real. I was a complete disaster in both realities because of it.

I still couldn't believe I was in love with him in the Leadworth dream. I didn't do "love". Not that kind, anyway. And especially not for him. It was just plain absurd.

"Ah ha!" The Doctor mumbled from below me. I wanted to tell him to be quiet - he was more tolerable in silence - but I controlled myself. Instead, I sat down on a bench and shivered. I was cold. I wanted Amy to come back and cuddle with me. She didn't like cuddling as much anymore, which was disappointing since she was my only cuddle buddy.

However, I recently purchased a giant teddy bear that was now my snuggle bear. I called him Mr. Puggles for no particular reason. I wished I could go get him, but I didn't feel like it was a good idea to go wandering off in the Tardis to find my snuggle buddy when I could fall asleep at any moment. So I sat and wallowed in my sorrow about lack-of-cuddle-buddy until The Doctor came back, mumbling to himself, a bit too loudly. Instead of snapping at him in annoyance, I hissed "Shh!" harshly. He shut up. Amy appeared with blankets and Rory.

Maybe she'd cuddle with me if it got cold enough.

"Ah! Rory, wind," The Doctor ordered, handing Rory a device he'd fashioned out of what looked like a bottle opener, a whisk, and some rope. "Amy, could you attach this to the monitor please?" He asked. I could tell he was being extra polite to her to make up for snapping.

"I was promised amazing worlds!" Rory complained. "Instead I get duff central heating and a... weird kitcheny wind-up device."

"It's a generator, get winding," The Doctor answered.

"What do I do?" I demanded, tired of being a fourth wheel for this whole adventure. I wanted to be included, even if that meant taking a couple orders.

"You just sit there, glare at me, and tell us all what were doing wrong," The Doctor answered me. "That's what your good at."

Finally something I could help him with.