The Runaways: Chapter 24: Kasen

Sofey isn't strapped to her table as tightly as I was. She can sit up, but her ankles are bound and her wrists are cuffed together like a prisoner.

She tries to get off the table, but the restraints stop her.

I expect her to be excited, but she makes a disgusted face. “Why are you here?”

“Well, after you ran away from me, I sat in a cafe until someone made me leave. And then I met a crazy girl who wanted to date me. She made me go to the movies with her. As I ran away from her, I was caught by Jedda's assistants. And now I'm here, after she told me she captured you, and I escaped from my room she put me in,” I explain to her breathlessly.

She says, “So why are you in here? I thought I broke up with you.”

I didn't think that was official. “You never said that. Can you please give me another chance?”

She looks like she would cross her arms if her wrists weren't bound. “Kasen, you don't deserve me. If you hadn't held back your secret as long as you did, you'd still have a girlfriend. So, you should just leave.”

“Sofey, I wasn't trying to do anything to make you upset. I was trying to save your feelings.”

“No. I don't want to hear your excuses. Just leave,” Sofey says to me with tears in her eyes. I can tell she still has feelings for me. I try not to lose control of myself.

“I'm sorry, Sofey. I'll leave your life if I'm really that horrible,” I say, but the words are hard to get out.

I turn to leave, but I turn back to Sofey. I lean over and kiss her. I bet she'd punch me if her hands weren't bound. Right before I leave, I see her purse her lips and close her eyes, like she's savoring it.

I run as quickly as I can away from Sofey's room. If I see her again, I'll probably freak out and run away from her. She will never forgive me for all I've done.

I'm probably the worst ex-boyfriend ever.