Brandon Rowland // You Can't Compare

requested by @princebrr

"Kate, want to check out this store?" my boyfriend Brandon asks me as we stroll around the mall.

"Sure, let's go," I respond.

Taking my hand in his, he leads me into the clothing store.

We head over to check out some tops when a high pitch gasp catches our attention.

"Brandon Rowland! It's really you!" A fairly pretty girl comes into view with a look of excitement on her face.

She runs over to Brandon and throws herself onto him, wrapping her legs around his waist and arms around his neck. Brandon throws his arms around her smaller frame to support her.

I bite my lip with nervousness. I shake away the negative thoughts. There is nothing to be worried about. Brandon is my boyfriend and he is just being nice to a supporter.

After a minute or two, the girl finally jumps down from Brandon's embrace. She begins to talk to him with her arms still around his neck, and his arms still around her waist.

I sigh and cross my arms, not knowing what to do while the two talk. Despite her rather intense entrance, Brandon and the girl seem to really be hitting it off.

"My mom is calling me, I really must be going," the girl tells Brandon with a pouty face.

"Aw, that sucks. It was fun meeting you," Brandon smiles at her.

She hands him a slip of paper before winking and wandering off.

After the girl is gone from our eyesight, Brandon tears the paper into two pieces and tosses it in the nearest trash can.

I tilt my head to the side in confusion and Brandon just laughs at my expression.

"Did you really think I was going to hit up some girl from the mall when my beautiful girlfriend is jealous of her?"

My confused expression turns to shock as my eyes slightly widen. I wasn't jealous, was I?

Brandon just chuckles and pulls me into a warm hug. I bury my head into his neck and snuggle closer to him.

"Just so you know," he whispers, "Your amazing personality, beautiful eyes, gorgeous body, adorable laugh, and everything else about you could never compare to any other girl in this world."

It goes silence for a few moments. I can't help but smile after Brandon said such sweet things. He really is the most wonderful boyfriend.

"I wasn't jealous," I mumble after awhile.

He laughs again, holding me closer to his body, "Sure you weren't, beautiful."

» Dakota