Mario Selman // Set Up

requested by @oohmarioo

My fingers lightly prance on my suitcase, drumming a beat. I've been standing in the freezing cold for for 30 minutes waiting for Mario, the Goons and Jonas. They just finished their show, so I told them not to rush. Although, now, I'd like to take that back.

I pull my coat around me and shiver into it. The cold wind rips around me once more. I notice the minivan that Mario described with arms flying around and the horn honking. What a quiet entrance.

They pull in farther down the sidewalk, so I pull my suitcase behind me. Mario jumps out of the car and stands there, smiling like a crazy person.

"Mario!" I scream, excited to see my boyfriend of six months.

He opens his arms as I abandon my suitcase and jump into them. Spinning me around, he whispers, "I missed you so much."

I notice moisture has formed in my eyes. He kisses my forehead before grabbing my suitcase and carrying it to the trunk for me. Jonas greets me from the front seat; his mom, who's driving, smiles and says hi too. The goons are behind in the second row and both of them give me a hug at the same time. Once I've made it to the back, I sit down and enjoy the heating. Mario joins me and sits in the center, so we can sit together.

After the long flight, I'm exhausted and just want to sleep.

"How long is the ride?" I ask Mario.

"About an hour, so I recommend you sleep."

I lean against the wall and start drifting off when I feel his hands move my head onto his lap.

I'm pretty sure a murmur a 'thanks' before drifting off again. His hands gently play with my hair.

"Beautiful, wake up," A warm breath tickles my temple. I feel a kiss gently placed on it.

Stirring, he lifts me up.

"Morning, Mario," Groggily, I adjust to my surroundings. We are pulled in front of a hotel.

"It's still night, silly," He chuckles then lifts me up from my seat and takes my hand. The air whips around me, but Mario keeps his arms wrapped about me.

Taking the elevator, we arrive at a room that Mario inserts the key.

Sleepily, I take a shower and pull on my pajamas. Mario is curled onto a bed and I lie down to cuddle with him.

"I'm so excited to have you on tour with me," He whispers.

"Me too."

He chuckles a bit before kissing me on my temple and drifting off to sleep with me.

I step outside the hotel and am immediately drenched with rain. Sighing heavily, I run to the car and jump in.

"Sorry, I'm late. Here's your drinks."

Everyone takes their drinks while we
head to the venue. When we arrive, It's still pouring rain, but we all climb out, excited for this show.

There are lampposts surrounding the entrance, and Mario grabs my hand pulling me towards one.

"You don't mind to get too wet do you?"

"No, why?" I ask, confused at the whole situation.

He pulls off my coat so that my cream sweater is exposed on top of my black jeans and brown lace-up boots. He pushes me so that my back is against the lamppost.

Even though we've been dating for six months, we haven't kissed yet. He wanted to make it special for me, so I've waited.

His forehead is pushed against my as he whispers.

"I love you, Celeste."

Smiling widely I respond, "I love you more, Mario Selman."

He doesn't pause; he immediately kisses me gently on my lips. I kiss back. Taking in the tingly feel of this moment, we part and breathe together.

Cat is taking photos on Mario's phone while the Goons are video taping. Jonas has a real camera and is taking photos, squinting into it.

Mario set this whole thing up.

But I couldn't be happier.

» Melody