Jacob Sartorius // Secret

requested by @x_Maya_x

"MARKY!" I smile as we hug. Mark has been an amazing boyfriend for two years. I couldn't be happier. Well, that's sort of a lie. After we started dating, I fell in love with his friend, Jacob Sartorius.
"Hey, Maya," He responds, his head down.
"Mark, what's wrong?"
"We really need to talk."
"Okay, but can we wait until we get home?"
Right then, Mark seems to notice we're actually at the airport.
"Yeah, sure."

There's an awkward silence when we get to his house. I can see he's nervous
"We need to talk."
I look at him expectantly.
"You love Jacob."
"Mark, I-"
"I've known that for forever, yet I held on to you, figuring that you'd break up with me if you didn't like me."
"Mark-"
"I've decided to let you go. Go be happy with Jacob."
"Mark, I don't want you to be hurt. I don't want to leave you. Yes, I'm in love with Jacob but I don't want to break your heart."
"I'm okay, Maya. I'm serious. Be happy with him."
I smile through tears. On cue, I feel someone behind me.
"So, Maya, will you go out with me?"
"Jacob!?"
I look at Mark once more. He nods at me as if agreeing.
"Yes, Jacob, I'll go out with you!"
Mark laughed as we pulled each other into a huge hug. I watch as Jacob and Mark laugh and joke together.
"This was a set up!"
"Yes, but no," Mark says, sheepishly.
"Explain please," I ask.
"I knew you loved Jacob, I wasn't completely stupid. But, as you know, I figured you must still like me a little to continue dating me. One day, I was texting Jacob when I randomly asked him if he loved you. He said no at first, but I explained the situation about you. He then admitted he did love you, but he didn't want to hurt me since he fell in love with you after we started dating. I hatched this plan and shared it with him. We decided it would happen today."
"Awe, Marky!" I hug him again, "I still don't I understand this whole situation. Why are you so okay with this?"
"I sorta love someone too."

» Melody