Jonas Bridges // Anytime

requested by @faithistrash

"Ashley! Hurry up! We're going to be late!" My mom shouts down the hallway.

"Coming," I shout back, shutting my laptop as Jonas's broadcast ends.

Moving to Georgia is not something i'm excited about, but my parents deal is to allow me to go to Jonas's first meet and greet in Georgia.

. . .

The car ride passed quickly and soon we arrive at my new home. The big moving truck is there.

"Ashley, can you help move some boxes in?"

I nod, climbing into the truck. Footsteps follow me.

"Do you need help?"

I look up. Then, I do a double take.

"You're Jonas."

He laughs, "Pretty sure."

I'm a supporter and love Jonas, but I'm not going to scream or anything too crazy.

"I'm a supporter," I say.

"That's so sweet! It's so nice to meet you."

"I can't believe I'm meeting you!"

"I can't believe we're neighbors."

I laugh.

"What's your name?"

"Ashley."

"That's cute."

I blush. He looks around.

"Can I take this box?"

"Of course. Thanks for helping."

"Anytime."

. . .

I walk to school. The school isn't far away, so I don't complain too much.

"Hey! Ashley!"

"Hey, Jonas."

"Mind if I walk with you?"

"No, not at all," I say nervously. Even though it's the Jonas Bridges walking with me, I'm to scared for a new school.

"You okay?"

I nod, "Just scared."

"It's going to be okay. I'm here. I'll show you around and help you when you're confused."

I smile at him, "Aw, thanks."

"Anytime."

. . .

It's been a month, and Jonas has helped me so much. He's also been a great friend. Now, we talk everyday on the phone from the moment we get home. I couldn't imagine a better place to call my new home.

"Ashley," Jonas calls over the phone.

I jump up.

"Sorry, I feel asleep."

"It's fine. I'm falling asleep too."

. . .

It's that time of year. Homecoming. I watch as couples become couples. Girls show endless photos of beautiful dresses, and we single people hate being single.

Jonas and I have had a few moments, but I don't think he likes me like that. He's my friend.

I'm sitting in the Cafeteria with my girl friends. I normally sit by Jonas, but he's sick today.

"Ashley!" I look up from my lunch. My friend gasp and giggle. They push me to stand up.

My jaw drops when I realise what's going on. 

"What are you doing?" I ask Jonas, "You're sick and-"

"Can I ask a question?"

"Anytime."

"Will you go to homecoming with me?"

. . .

My heart pounds. The dress I chose makes me feel beautiful and I hope Jonas agrees. The doorbell rings. That's him.

I grab my bag and open the door. He stares at me, "Wow, you look-"

He's dressed up in dress pants and a collard tee. He also has his hair done. Handsome as always.

"You look handsome," I laugh.

"When did I get such an amazing date?" He jokes.

Best night of my life.

. . .

Couples scatter across the floor. Jonas leads me toward the center. I'm nervous seeing as this is my first homecoming ever.

"Thank you for being my date," He says quietly, resting his hands on my waist.

"Anytime," I respond.

We dance together. I close my eyes and breathe in the moment.

The song is winding down. Jonas pulls me closer to him.

He smiles, and soon, his lips are on mine. The moment is amazing. Sparks flutter around us.

He makes me happy, and I wish he could do that.

Anytime.

» Melody