Blake Gray // Can I?

requested by @ElleEdmunds6

It was a normal day in high school. My best friend Madison and I were by our lockers hanging out before class. I took my phone out of my back pocket and checked the time. Clicking the power button I saw my wallpaper and smiled. It was a picture of my boyfriend Blake and I hugging when he came back from tour. Even though Blake is famous and goes on tours and to events often, I really admire the way he still makes time for me. But, we've been dating for two months and we still haven't kissed. I'm thinking of making a move today, but I'm not really the outgoing girl that's comfortable with making the first move.
"Elle?" I snap out of my thoughts to see a puzzled Madison.
"Sorry, what?"
"Still thinking of Blake and that kiss?"
I sigh, "Yeah. I don't want to rush into anything, but I really want my first kiss to be with him, and I think we've been dating long enough for it."
Madison gives me a half hug, "He's Blake, he'll do it eventually. And when he does, he'll make it unforgettable."
"This is why you're my best friend," I laughed.
"You know it!"
"Wait, I didn't check the time did I?"
"Nope."
I turned on my phone again. 7:53.
"We have 7 minutes till class, let's go."
Madison just nods.
The day is pretty average. Nothing big happens. After school, Madison goes home and I wait for Blake. He asked me earlier to meet up with him after school. I waited for a few minutes and then I felt strong arms wrap around my waist.
"Hey Elle."
I turn around in his arms.
"Hi Blake."
"I talked to your parents, and I organized an amazing date night. So go home, finish your homework, dress in casual clothes, and I'll be by your house at 6:00."
I slightly blush at how he always asks my parents before taking me out. I push my glasses up a little.
"Okay, see you then."
I start to walk away but his hand grasps my wrist.
"Wait, let me walk you home." I smile and nod. He laces our fingers together as we walk away from school.
"See you at six baby," Blake kisses my forehead and watches me open my door.
"Bye Blake," I give him a quick hug and shut the door.
After getting a quick snack, I go to my room and start on homework.
4:56
I finally finish my homework. I choose an outfit and go take a quick shower. After drying myself off and getting dressed, I blow dry my hair. I do my hair the way Blake likes it and put on minimal make up. I glance at the clock.
5:43
Might as well watch some Netflix. I watch my favorite show until I hear the doorbell ring. Looking at the time, I realize it's six o'clock exactly. Good job, Blake. I say bye to my mom and dad then answer the door.
"You look beautiful, as always."
"Thank you, you look handsome as usual."
He chuckles and runs his hand through his hair. Taking my hand, we start walking.
"Where are we going?"
"I found this nice, secluded place in the park. You'll have to wait to find out the rest."
I groan, "Why can't you tell me?"
"I could, but I want to see your expression when you first see the place."
We keep walking and then he leads me past the regular perimeters of the park. In front of me is a grassy field surrounded by trees, and in the middle a picnic set up for two.
"You did this?"
"Yup! Do you like it?"
"Like it? Blake, I love it!"
Blake laughs and pulls me to the blanket laid out for us. We dig in and eat the food he brought, which was all my favorites. After we finish, he scoots closer to me, placing  his arm around my shoulder. By now the stars are lighting up the sky.
"Look baby, it's a shooting star."
I look to where Blake was pointing. I close my eyes and wish for that first kiss. I open my eyes and Blake is staring right at me. Next thing I know, we are both leaning in. Is this really happening? His hand reaches up to my face, tucking a strand of my blonde hair behind my ear. We are so close, I can feel his warm breath on my face.
"Elle?"
My eyes flicker up to meet his.
"C-can I kiss you?"
"I thought you'd never ask."
Finally, our lips meet. My eyes flutter shut, as do his. Everything around us disappeared, my mind cleared. It was just me and Blake. I felt the butterflies in my stomach swirl around and sparks shoot through my body. We pull apart and Blake lies back on the blanket, pulling me beside him. We cuddle under the stars, enjoying each other's presence.

» Dakota