Chapter 15

So, um, sorry for not updating on Thursday when I was meant to, my mental state has been a bit wonky again, and school has been an ass.

And, there's been an update to the description of the book. If you could, maybe, read it after you've read this chapter (or maybe before) I would love that because you might be able to understand it all a bit more.

Also, the next few chapters might be a bit sad, so sorry 'bout that.

***

They say a smile can make anyone feel better, but that isn't always true. Take Aphmau for an example; 'smiling' is making her feel worse. 

"Hey, Jess," Max smiled as he walked into the kitchen, brushing past her sliced arm. She winced, but tried to hid it with a smile.

"Hey, guys!" She chirped.

"Why did you come home early?" Jin asked, with an arched eyebrow.

"Oh, uh, ya' know, sick and stuff... *cough cough*," She said with two fake coughs and a sneeze.

"Uh-huh... Sure..." He said, not quite believing her.

"ADAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" Max screamed at the brown-curly-haired boy. 

"MAD MAXXXXXXXX! I AM SO SORRY! IT JUST LOOKED SOOO GOOD!" He screamed back.

"ADAM YOU ARE SO DEAD!" Max screamed as red particles surrounded him. 

"OOOH FUCK!" Adam yelled and ran outside with Max closely running after him.

"MAX, DON'T YOU DARE CHANGE!" Jin yelled running after them.

"SQUIRRELS!" Ross laughed, running after them.

Aph sighed and walked up to her bedroom, locking the door. She flopped down on her bed, holding the locket in her soft, tanned hands.

"Heh, I know you're going to change everything at school and all now..." She mumbled. "Just please don't go overboard like last time..."

"Ugh. I'm talking to a locket. I sound so crazy!" She complained.

Ding!

Her phone went off.

'I wonder who that could be...' She thought as she picked up her lilac-purple phone.

FC: Hey, Shu!

Shu: Aaron/FC?! Why r u texting me...?

FC: Wat? Am I not allowed to text u?

Shu: Well, uh, I thought u hated me and all...

Then it hit her, the locket. You see, the locket brings good fortune to the wearer, but, it can cause a hybrid's powers to go wack. Aph vowed never to wear, or even look, at it again. But, she's stronger than before. She believes she can resist the temptation. But, can she?

FC: Pfft, yeah well, that was in the past!

Shu: More like 3 days ago...

FC: Oh sh. Wat I rly wanted to ask was, do you wana go on a d8 w/me?

Shu: Wait... R u srs? Or is this just a prank...?

FC: Nope, no prank! Will pick you up at 6 2nite, bai!

FC has logged off.

Many thoughts were running through Aph's head. But the main one; WHAT SHOULD SHE WEAR?!