Chapter 13

"Why aren't you dead, yet?" 

"You should be dead by now!"

"We thought you died, we were happy by that!"

Those were the sort of questions Aph was asked every second since she came back to school. She didn't see the guys at lunch anymore, she saw them with Alesa, Shelby and Red, and they were all hanging out with one of the schools most popular group: Team Crafted. They no longer get bullied or anything.

She was lonely than ever.

***

With teary eyes, Aph ran out to the back field of the school.

Lunch. In other words, hell. She hates lunch. Lunch sucks. Well, lunch is awesome for normal people, yet, for Aph, it sucks. It's the time she gets bullied the most. So, she usually hides at the back of the field. 

Ever since they escaped the lab, Aph has been finding she has more and more powers and forms. For instance, yesterday, while exploring the patch of woods during English class, she discovered she could turn invisible. She was stoked when she found out since it meant she could get to all her classes un-noticed. 

***

As Aph sat down in the furthest corner of the field, about to relax, she noticed Katelyn and her 'gang' approaching. She quickly turned invisible and she sat there, holding her breath and sitting in complete silence.

"Oh dear little Jessica, I know you're here!~" The powered blue haired girl cooed. "I saw you, there's no point hiding!~" No reply.

"Either show yourself or I'll reveal your secret!~" She threatened. Aph cursed under her breath and hesitantly removed the invisible barrier. 

"What do you want?" She asked, no emotions shown.

"Oh ho ho, I think you know what I want!" Katelyn smirked.

"Oh ho ho, I think you do you're NOT GETTING IT!" Aph yelled, eyes watering. "What happened to you, Katelyn? You used to be different! You've only wanted this since you found out about my secret and this... Which is when you changed from my best friend to my worst enemy. Surely you miss the old days? Surely you miss the days of Maxlyn!" She paused, noticing that Katelyn now lightly blushing. "Surely you miss the days of shipping Jin and I, even though you knew we were brother and sister!" A glistening tear fell from Aph's eyes. Katelyn's expression had softened yet her eyes remained unmoved and cold.

"So what if I miss those days? But what if I don't care? You know we can never be friends again! Not after what you did!" Her cold eyes were now glassed over with tears.

"Why can't we be? No one said we can't!"

"Jessica, you know exactly why we can't be friends anymore! Not after what you did! I'm not going to risk getting another scar because of you loosing control!"

"THAT WASN'T MY FAULT AND YOU KNOW IT WASN'T!" 

"Whatever," Katelyn rolled her eyes. "Let's just cut to the chase. Just give me it and we can forget the whole thing that happened in the past and we can become friends again."

"No! You don't deserve it!"

"And you do?" Katelyn asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Yes! Katelyn, you know this is a family herloom!" Aph exclaimed, clearly few up, evident by her change in voice. "I-I need to go..."

And with that, Aph took off running in now particular direction.