Black Rose {{End}}

Caleb

I sat in bed, watching the day go by me and the red moon already up in the sky slowly regain it's dark red glow. Just looking at it reminded me of Adela, and thinking of her made things worse in my mind.

Tonight was the Lunar Eclipse, hence the reason for a dance. It worried me though, with what was happening and the red moon being the thing that was eclipsing... It felt like there was something wrong about to happen... I couldn't understand the feeling myself but I knew that something was going to happen.

It's not a great feeling, but at least it's helping keep me alert since it's the one thing I need to do the most at the moment. Especially now that Adela's missing, Lucia seems to have broken out of Tony's seal and the Rouge's are acting up. Damn, this feels like just too much for a single week.

"Hey, Caleb, start getting ready! The party's in an hour!" Tony yelled into my head, no doubt really happy because he was taking Iris to the dance. I knew that they'd end up together right after that first day when he let her drink from him. While Iris doesn't understand at all what it's supposed to mean, a vampires first bite and drink of blood isn't usually driven out of need and hunger, but out of lust. That meant she was lusting for my little magical friend and that seems to have made his day.

Jumping off my bed, I walk past Adela's empty one and go to the bathroom for a brief shower to cool off a bit. I never knew how lonely it could be here, but now that Adela's gone... I know. Even though she wasn't much of a difference in my life - a simple hunter with black wings, but still not that much - but I still felt lonely. And I knew I was to blame for her running away. Angelo made that clear when he came back from the woods empty handed.

I step out of the steaming hot shower about ten minutes later and go straight to changing into the white tux my father had bough for me, garnishing all the Vandelarez colors; black and red breast pocket lining; black tie with a red interior; and then lastly, black dress shoes with red interior. It was so annoying how I seemed to be my fathers little dress pet... He only cared for me because I was the one who advertised the Vandelarez name while he did practically nothing.

I brush a few stray strand of hair out of my face before staring into my reflection. What I see is a damn brooding vampire who hates himself. Damn, it's like I'm becoming some sort of stupid and emotional fictional character!

After messing with my hair a bit more, I walk out of my room and through the empty halls. The dance was being held in the school building just so that humans didn't invite vampire to their rooms and vampires didn't invite humans to their rooms. That would be a bit too chaotic.

My breath comes out in puffs of grey clouds when I walk outside, which isn't a surprise since it's still snowing every now and then. The music coming from the gymnasium rings in my ears as I approach it, and I can already hear the many calls from students from what I'm guessing is a dance competition.

I couldn't help but chuckle. Already the party was going full blast and it barely started! I walk forward only two steps when a howl echoes everywhere around me. My muscles stiffen, my body ready to take down whatever created the noise.

I hear light, swift steps, too fast to be a Rouge. A beating heart too... and then I hear the fast but awkward running steps of a Rouge not too far behind the beating heart. My lips turned into a snarl as I stalked forward, and then just broke out into a sprint when the living person - whoever it was - began whimpering. My first thought was of Adela, laying on the floor dead and useless, her body without any blood.

Power coursed through me as I put more speed into my run. The sound of growls reverberated in my head, and the ghost of Adela's screams from long ago haunt me.