...Dead...

**LISTEN**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8j7OABCPsY

It's in japanese, so don't worry if you don't understand what she's saying. XDD

_______________________________________________________________________

Or at least, I tried to. I took out my scythe, wings extending from behind me, and just for the heck of it, used my newly found powers and tried to slow down time, just so I wouldn't have to deal with this annoying pain in the ass.

And yet, the moment my powers flow out, I fall to the floor everything of mine that had something to do with my past just instantly disappearing within a second. What the heck was that?!

I cover my mouth and hold my breath in a vain attempt to stop the coughs slowly rising in my throat as I look up at Ian's sort of disappointed green eyes. He shakes his head, making a tsk tsk sound.

"Who are you and what have you done to my, much STRONGER, sister?" he asks me, kicking me lightly in the ribs. I hold back the coughs, knowing I probably look like a loon at the moment. But I don't stop holding my breath, knowing that if Ian were to scent out my blood, he'd go nuts. It's just THAT alluring to vampires.

"What the hell do you want?" I hiss from within my head, making sure my thoughts are not private. I still can't speak, and it's getting harder and harder to hold in the bloody coughs that seem to have stuck onto me.

"The Corvinus family requests your services to assassinate the Blue Flame, namely, Iris McGowen Versulius. This job is a must do, and you may NOT back out." Wait a minute, did he just say Blue Flame? I knew there were rumors about the Versulius family having an heir, even though it was said the Versulius have been long dead for centuries. And well, it's great that they have an heir, but the fact that they're THE Blue Flame is just too coincidental.

And why would the Corvinus want them dead? I understand that they're a power hungry family, but after what happened when they teamed up with the Green Flame to kill off the whole family, they should know by now that right now, killing the Blue Flame would mean the end for them. Their power so far, has only come from pulling strings from within the vampire council, and even that was almost impossible, so how do they expect to get through this? Without a doubt, the council will expel the Corvinus completely from any titles of power, and no longer will they be able to get that power they so long for.

And then me? The assassin, will probably have a wanted sign for my head, though I'm the Angel Of Death, that doesn't really mean I can't be killed. Though I WILL be reincarnated. But I'm really starting to hate the fact that every time I do an assassination, I end up DYING. Ugh, I don't feel like dying again!

"If it's a request, then I DENY. I no longer work for that family, neither do I BELONG to it, so please refrain from calling me your sister." I sit up, careful to keep my breath held. Ian stares down at me as if I was a little kid telling his mother he didn't want to do chores. Well, I didn't want to do the Corvinus's dirty work.

"This 'request' is not something you can deny. You are, sadly enough, the only one CAPABLE of completing this mission. And yet right now you seem... ill."

I glare at him. "For lack of a better word," I finish for him. He smiles, but it's the kind you show someone when you're annoyed of them and just want to leave, but know you can't. So much for being a good brother.

"Yes, well, you HAVE to do this assignment, even if you are ILL and feel too weak to do it. You never die, anyway, so I don't see the point in worrying."

Those words just piss me off. He thinks I'll never truly die? Just because I'm reincarnated every now and then? "Well, if you haven't realized," I hiss between clenched teeth. "dying is a bitch, so I really don't feel like going through with that again and again."