Hopefully...

I blink, and find myself in bed. The room's dark, except for the strong glow of the red moon. I'm instantly reminded of the old man, and groan, turning away from the light. First he bites me, then he calls me the Angel of Death and now he's going into my dreams? It's like a mix of a stalker and... killer?

Standing up and unwrapping the many blankets around me, I go for the bathroom. I need a nice steaming shower and a dreamless sleep before I can feel any better. I step into the shower and put the water on hot right away, not caring that the heat would be too much.

The effect isn't as great as I'd hoped, but at least I clean, right? I step out of the shower about a half an hour later and find Caleb already in the room and lying on his bed. He turns and his eyes meet with my own. "Why... did you do that earlier?" He sits up, and bites down on his lip, and I know instantly that he's talking about what happened in class with me and Iris.

Trying to act the ignorant one, I turn away from him and mutter under my breath lightly, "What do you mean by that?" I wrap a blanket around my cold skin and then look back up at Caleb. His black eyes glare at me furiously. "I'm being serious," I insist, keeping my eyes to the ground. "What do you mean by that?" The lie in my voice is so apparent, but I know I had to keep at it anyway.

"No. You know what I mean so stop lying. Why did you attack that teacher? And... how did you attack him?" I look up and there he is, only a few centimeters away from my face. "Be honest..." I push him away immediately without thinking and stand up to pace around the room.

What was I supposed to tell him? That I couldn't control myself and I think that the red moon is what's controlling me? I don't think so! "I AM being honest. You just won't listen to me," I respond coldly while looking out the window. The red light glares down at me, but at the same time I feel like it's calling me. "Can we please not talk about this?" I turn back to face Caleb, hoping that the desperation in my voice would convince him.

He sighs, hanging his head for a second before looking back at me. "I really don't know. I mean, for a simple person who has forgotten themselves, you sure are complicated." He laughs bitterly and I notice that now he's the one averting his eyes.

"Sorry, but it's not like I wanted to forget myself. I'd rather have my memories than be in a place with total complete strangers-no offense." I sit down beside Caleb now, deciding it safe to be close to him. I doubt he wants to ask any more questions so... "What are you going to do when I do remember?" I ask, realizing that maybe Caleb doesn't even want me to remember.

"I don't know myself. Give you some money to return to your home, or, if you want, you can stay with me?" This time I make sure to avert my eyes, for fear of seeing the hopeless begging in them. Maybe he does intend to keep me here with him.

"Leave that up to my head when I remember," I whisper softly. Almost as if intended to save me, my stomach growls from hunger. I laugh myself. "I guess I never had any lunch today?" I ask sheepishly, biting on my lip and hoping that Caleb would give in to the distraction.

"Let's go to the caf. I think they have pizza today," he replied, standing up from his rigid position on the bed. I couldn't help but smile when I saw that the seriousness in his face from earlier was replaced with a more carefree expression. That was better. "But don't think you're off the hook yet," he adds a second later, killing my good mood.

"Whatever you say," I grumble, following him out of the room. When we reach the caf, my eyes instantly lock with Tony's infuriated ones. The death glare he gives me was actually comparable to the monster things out in the woods. "How about we NOT go in there-" I start to say, but Caleb cuts me off by grabbing a hold of my arm and forcing me through the cafeteria doors.