Chapter Thirty-Six

Start from the beginning

"It's been an adjustment," Perrie admitted, playing with her coffee stirring straw. 

"Understandable. It takes a while to be able to adapt to the change," Simon agreed, nodding slightly. 

"It's been fun, to be honest. It feels like a year long road trip with our friends," Diana grinned, intertwining her fingers with Niall's happily. 

"I heard about Sophia, Liam. I apologize that it never worked out," Simon said sadly. 

     Liam shrugged somewhat casually. 

"Thanks, Simon. She just created drama and peer-pressured Bethany to do something she didn't agree with morally, and I couldn't stand for that," Liam stated, sounding oddly okay about it, but his eyes were dull and almost dead, showing his true emotions on the matter. 

"I heard. Bethany, what did she peer pressure you about?" Simon asked, genuinely curious. 

"Er, well, Eleanor, Perrie and her wanted to surprise me and took me to a... strip club," She hesitated. 

"I kind of lost my cool and blew up on them. Most of us made up, but Sophia never apologized," Bethany explained, thanking the waiter as he handed her her English tea.  

"What did they want to surprise you for?" He asked, intrigued. 

"Oh, I... I was kind of down and sad because me and my mom got into a fight recently and they wanted to cheer me up. Diana was sight-seeing with Niall during the time, so she didn't know about the whole event until that night," Bethany half-lied, sipping on her English tea. 

"Oh, well I hope you and your mom make up. At least your friends tried to cheer you up," Simon compromised. 

"Yes, and I thanked them for trying, but I don't want to go to those places anymore, now that I got Harry and--" 

She caught herself before she could say 'the baby' and looked down, trying to hide her terrified expression. I squeezed her hand under the table reassuringly. 

"'And'?" Simon edged on. 

"And... with the tour going on. I don't want Harry, the boys, and I to get a bad wrap during tour," She lied, drinking her drink nervously. 

     Simon nodded rather slowly, his face hard to read. I hope he bought that. Everyone slightly tensed up as they watched Simon nod. 

"That's good you are thinking about everyone," Simon grinned. 

     Everyone relaxed hearing his reply, but I don't think Simon noticed that either. 

"I try to. It's how I was raised after all," Bethany smiled. 

     A couple of waiters came to our table and delivered all of our food and we began to eat, chat, and laugh. 

     I think we are in the clear, for now. 

---------------------------------------------------------------- 

     After eating, paying for our food, and saying goodbye to Simon, Bethany and I got in our car. 

"Well, that went better than I expected," Bethany sighed of relief. 

"Same here. You did a brilliant job, Sweetheart," I complimented her, kissing her cheek. 

     She giggled at my affection for her and we started to drive back to the hotel. 

"I am worried about one thing, though," She said. 

"What is it?" I asked her. 

"Well, remember when I gave Simon that hug? While I gave him that hug, the baby kicked." 

Shit. 

"Are you serious? Are you sure?" I asked her, now nervous. 

"I am serious! I am 110% positive that the baby kicked. I felt it," She said, rubbing her stomach. 

"Was it a hard kick?" I asked her. 

"No, but it was hard enough that I felt it. I am not sure if Simon felt it, though," She explained. 

     I sighed. 

"Well, let's not worry about it. There's nothing we could've done to change or stop it from doing that, right?" I suggested. 

"Right." 

     We were quiet, letting the radio softly play music in the car. 

"I am kind of jealous of Simon if he did, though," I admitted shyly. 

"Why? Because he felt our baby kick before you?" Bethany asked. 

     I nodded, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks. Bethany awed my reaction and caressed my cheek. 

"Don't worry, Harry, I'm sure the baby will kick again. When it does, I will have you there to feel it too," Bethany reassured me, kissing my cheek. 

"Thanks, Babe." 

"No problem, Haz." 

---------------------------------------------------- 

Hello Lovelies! 

So, I know what you're thinking: "Dude why hasn't she updated when she said she would?! What a lying bitch!" 

I actually have a good reason! 

I am sick. And on my period. All at once. 

THE BEST FUCKING COMBO RIGHT?! T-T -_- 

Yeah, it sucks as much as it sounds. Like, that is just my fucking luck to have a seriously bad cold AND be on my period AND having shit tons of college homework to do AND needing to write this story. I think Satan is having a blast fucking with me rn.

This gem of a combo has me TWICE as emotional and needy, and I HATE IT!  

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed it. Let me know what you think. Do you think Simon felt the baby kick or not? :) 

Love you Lovelies! Remember, you are all beautiful in MY book! 

xoxoxoxoxoxo, 

- Falling4_HarryStyles