epilogue 》romantic gesture

• i was made for loving you // tori kelly + ed sheeran •

Part One

"Jax!" Kaede screamed from the closet in her room.

"What?" he called back from the couch.

"Why the fuck do I keep finding your stuff here?" she asked, holding up a pile of clothes. "If you sleep over, that's fine. But take your stuff home when you leave." She threw the clothes at the small table by the door, where they fell to the floor for Jax to grab before the next time he left.

"Alright, I'm sorry," he chuckled as she angrily plopped down on the couch beside him.

"You know messes like that upset me," she whined, rather childishly.

Jax paused the movie, turning himself to face her. "What if I had a way to fix that?" Kaede raised her eyebrows at his question, expressing interest. "How about I move in here?"

Kaede blinked a few times, then said, "I'm sorry, what?"

He laughed, grabbing her hand. "Sweetheart, I'm saying I want to move in with you."

"But then the place would be a mess all the time," she argued.

"I'd bring my dresser down and then my clothes would have a real place rather than the floor of your closet."

She sighed, playing with his fingers intertwined with hers. "I guess that wouldn't be the worst idea."

He smiled at her, "Is that a yes?"

"Yeah, why not?" she said, meeting his eyes again. He leant forward, falling on top of her as he kissed her face and neck, her laughter filling the apartment—one of the most euphoric sounds to his ears.

♥♥♥

Part Two

jax
meet me on the rooftop
at midnight

kae
are we really still doing this?

jax
don't ask questions

Given that it was already 11:50PM when he sent that text, Kaede grabbed a pair of ankle boots and went on her way to the roof.

"What the fuck is this?" she asked upon entering the roof access door, facing Jax who was at the center of hundreds of lights that littered the four-foot ledge and the ground around them.

"Wow! I make this big romantic gesture, and all I get is 'what the fuck is this'?" he laughed. "I think the proper response to all this would be..." He cleared his throat before speaking in a dramatically higher voice, "Oh my god, Jax! You did all this for me? I can't believe how much trouble you'd go to just for little ol' unappreciative me."