036 》seven minutes

• to the wonder // aqualung •

The ceremony was beautiful, and Jaiden even cried a little. The reception was a giant room filled with tables strategically placed around a dance floor. Kaede had never been to one of Margo's weddings, but she understood why the redhead was so successful.

Jax walked up to the groom when Kaede had gone off to the ladies' room with Harper, holding his hand out in greeting. "Congratulations on the wedding."

Archer's brows furrowed as he shook the man's hand. "Thanks... guy-I-don't-know."

Jax realized his mistake and apologized with a light chuckle, "Sorry, man. We actually haven't met yet. I'm here with Kaede. I'm Jax."

The redhead smirked knowingly. "You're Jax."

He laughed, "Why does everyone keep saying that to me?"

Archer shrugged, looking out at the crowd from the drinks table they stood at. "We all like to bug Kaedie about it. You're pretty famous in our group chat."

"Group chat?"

"Yeah, all the Paxton cousins have a group chat. I'm in it because of Jaiden. And Wes—who you've probably met—is in it because of Margo."

"Huh. Well, what's been said about me?" Jax inquired, sipping on his water.

Archer shrugged again, "The girls and Leo all say you're good looking. Kaedie always said you two were just friends, but I guess not if she brought you here."

Jax nodded, not really sure what to do with that information.

Archer put down his glass, turning to the brunet. "Look, man. Her dad hasn't really lived up to his role, and I've known Kaedie for years, so I've gotta say—just treat her right. She's a nice kid, and she's had a hard time. She's a little fragile, but she's pretty great. So look out for her."

Jax chuckled. "Another one of you—Xander, I think—already gave me the speech."

"Perfect," Archer said. "So now you know there'll be two people to kick your ass if you hurt her."

"Good to know."

Archer clapped his hand on Jax's shoulder and said, "You seem okay, though. So, I don't think we'll have a problem—even if you do have four inches on me."

Jax laughed heartily as Kaede walked up to them. "Hey," she smiled. "What are you boys talking about?"

"Oh, just filling him in on the 'if you hurt her, I'll break your legs' memo," Archer told her.

Kaede laughed, "Xan already beat you to that one."

"Yeah, so Jax told me. Look, I'm going to go find my wife. You two kids have fun," Archer kissed Kaede's cheek, walking off in search of Jaiden.