014 》anything incriminating

• celeste // ezra vine •

5c
meet me on the rooftop
at midnight

7b
why?

5c
don't ask questions

***

Midnight on the dot, the roof access door opened. Jax stepped out—leather jacket and all—asking her why they were meeting.

"Because this is our spot and I didn't want to say anything incriminating over text."

He laughed at that and said, "You could've just invited me into your place."

"But where's the fun in that?" she smirked.

"Alright, what is so incriminating that you had to summon me here?"

Kaede waved the artist over to the edge where she was looking out at something. "That, right there," she said, pointing at a certain building. "That is my university. And we're going to break in." Jax's eyes widened at the girl. "The security booth shuts down at 11PM, so it should be safe—"

"Woah, woah, woah," Jax backed up, waving his arms almost frantically. "Should be safe? What is the point of this, Kae?"

She smiled widely at him. "You've been kind of bummed lately, so I wanted to cheer you up with your favourite classic movie trilogy—even though the third one sucks—and I figured the best way to really enjoy the experience would be on the projector in one of the huge ass lecture halls of my school."

Jax was about to deny it when Kaede lifted something from the shoulder bag across her chest.

"And I have pot," she said, holding out a bag with at least dozen joints.

"Holy shit, where'd you get weed?"

"I have headaches, anxiety, and a very generous doctor." He sighed, shaking his head as she smirked at him. "So? What do you say?" 

•••

i wrote this when weed was still illegal in canada so for the purposes of this book, let's pretend it still is