020 》don't go

• promises // handsome ghost •

Kaede was bored and decided to drop in on Jax unexpectedly as he had done to her many times. She opened his front door, not knowing what was on the other side.

"Oh, fuck you, Jax!" Willow hissed with her voice raised at a volume Kaede had never heard from the shy girl before.

"You're 19 years old!"

"Exactly! I'm an adult!"

"I don't care. You're not going. You are not putting yourself in that situation again!"

"God, who do you think you are? Dad?"

"I am not Dad. Don't pull that with me."

"Then stop acting like him," Willow said in a tone so harsh it made Jax take a step back. She looked over Jax's shoulder and saw Kaede, who stood silent and wide-eyed. "Your girlfriend's here."

Jax turned around, and Kaede said, "I can come back."

"Don't worry about it," Willow said, grabbing her purse and shrugging on her jacket. "I was just leaving."

"No, you're not." She kept walking, and Jax shouted at her, "Willow Mae!"

She stopped in her tracks, slowly turning to her brother. "You did not just middle name me."

Jax flinched. "Please, Will. You know this'll end badly. Don't go."

"How dare you," she narrowed her watering eyes at him. "Don't expect me back tonight."

The door slammed shut, and Jax fell to the couch, hiding his face in his hands. "Fuck," he groaned.

Kaede walked over to the couch, sitting beside him and resting her hand on his back. He looked up at her, apologizing for having to see him argue with his sister.

"Why did it upset her so much when you called her middle name?" she asked curiously.

"Mom always called her that." He closed his eyes, sighing as he shook his head. "I shouldn't have done that."

"She'll forgive you eventually. You're her brother, Jax. She loves you."

"Maybe not anymore," he dropped his head back in his hands.

"Where is she going?"

"Some party," he mumbled behind his hands.

"All that shouting was because of a party?"

He lifted his head and sighed, "No, you don't get it. It's a big senior, end of the year party at a frat's place and there will be older kids, drinking, drugs--the whole deal. I don't want her around that stuff."

"She's a good kid. I'm sure she knows better."

He shook his head at her, "She's had trouble in the past. And her girlfriend, Maggie, won't be there to stop her."