Chapter 23: A Revealing Dream

Chihiro

Darkness surrounded me. Then there was a slight noise. I couldn’t figure out what it was at first, but as it got closer I could make out it was a train. The train stopped right in front of me and I turned around. I saw a dark lumpy figure walking this way. I stepped out of the way, but I was just a shadow, not really there. As I looked at it, there was recognition. Why was this so familiar? I looked behind him and saw a house. Zeniba’s old house!!! She looked at the figure again, and saw him give the conductor tickets to the human world. Then it clicked. It was No Face. I gasped. Then swirling black clouds formed around him and his vague black body and downed face where transformed into something more human like. And then that’s when it hit like a brick wall. The lanky body was bent over, long dark hair cascading down his bony shoulders. Then he shook his head, and sat up. Kao.

Chihiro awoke with a start on her uncomfortable leather couch. Her heart was pounding inside of her chest and she heard distance thoughts of Haku’s, but before she make it out that he was saying come to the tunnel, she was already halfway out the door tugging on her jacket.

She ran to the tunnel and a saw the glimmer of a lantern sitting at the end. She sprinted all the way down it, her footsteps hitting the concrete hard, making them ache. She stopped just before the barrier, seeing Haku sitting there. “Haku! There’s something I need to tell you!”

Haku

“CHIHIRO!” Haku exclaimed as he reached through the barrier and grabbed her soft hand. “You’re so clammy… Are you okay?”

Chihrio was breathing hard but she tried to speak between breaths. “Yes I’m fine I just….” She breathed, “I just heard you and I need to talk to you. I figured---“ Haku stopped her.

“Me first, please?” He asked and Chihiro nodded letting him know it was okay. “First. No words can explain how sorry I am for missing the meeting. I have been sitting here for the last three days waiting for you to come but you weren’t. Lin finally came and got me because Kamaji was worried but Chihiro… I’m so sorry…” Haku was looking down at their hands, his fingers moving on the skin of her wrist in front of the woven bracelet that he had given her. “Like I said, there are no words to express how sorry I am.”

“Haku I understand you were probably just busy with the bathhouse. I was hurt you weren’t here but I can forgive you. Just seeing you here I already have.” Chihiro smiled lightly and a soft blush grew on her cheeks.

A hint of blush covered Haku’s own cheeks and he continued, “But I wanted to tell you why I wasn’t here. I have found out news that you will never believe. I’ll start from the beginning. A very well known Wind Spirit came to the bathhouse and she came up to my office,”

Chihiro felt a pang of worry and jealousy hit her in the stomach at the word her.

“I believe she was trying to seduce me. I promise you nothing happened. I made it clear to her that someone else holds my heart,” He squeezed Chihiro’s hand. “But she told how she was very close to Zeniba and she went to visit her and she met No Face. She said it was awkward. He never spoke or anything he just sat around making hairbands. Kaze talked with Zeniba and told her she should send him away but Zeniba just insured her he was good. After Kaze left everything seemed okay. Thing is probably about three months ago he must have snapped. Kaze came back to visit Zeniba and No Face had gone crazy. He was yelling about how he wanted Sen. He wanted her back and how he should not have ever let her go. He wanted her back so bad that he tried to turn Zeniba into you…” Haku’s voice was cold and slow, “Chihiro, Zeniba is dead. No Face killed her trying to make her you.” Haku finished. He noticed that Chihiro was shaking and he gasped looking up at her face.

She was white as a ghost.

Chihiro stood with her mouth hanging open and eyes wide. She closed her mouth trying to find words but her mouth was to dry. Then she heard Haku’s voice cutting her out of her trance.

“Chihiro! I didn’t mean to scare you! I just I should tell you what happened.” Haku’s eyes were wide and his voice frantic.

Chihiro’s grip on Haku’s hands got tighter and she pushed herself closer to the barrier and a cold gust of wind blew in from the door of the tunnel. “Ha- Haku…. We need to get this barrier down. Now.”

“What’s going on? Please tell me!?” worried covered Haku’s face.

Then a voice cut through the darkness on Chihiro’s side of the barrier. “Yes Chihiro why does my lovely barrier need to come down?” Kao asked from the door way.

**It's starting to get good guuyyyss!!!!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH XX