Chapter 13: Born to be a Dork

Chihiro

Chihiro stumbled down the path that lead to the road  from Kao’s house. She was feeling very light-headed and dizzy. All she could think about was Haku. What had she done? She knew a short cut from here to the tunnel, but she wasn’t sure how long it would take. She didn’t really care anymore. She wanted to see Haku.

             Then something overcame her, like in her bedroom a few nights ago. She was overcome with magic. Haku’s voice rang out in her head, “Chihiro…please meet me here..” She was already nodding her head, making her way closer to the tunnel each minute. She finally found it and sprinted into it. “Haku!” She yelled. “Haku!!!” She then remembered the barrier, but a little too late, running into it with all of her force. The magic was so powerful that it knocked her out, her limp body laying there.

Haku

“CHIHIRO!!!!”  Haku yelled beating at the wall. What did he just witness? Why did he have the urge to laugh at her dorkiness? Why was she running so fast? Was something after her? Haku looked behind the girl and saw nothing but the empty tunnel.

“Chihiro?” Haku asked tapping on the barrier. He saw her leg twitch so he knew she was okay. “How can I help?” He thought and then got a genius idea.

He walked up to the small hole he had made in the barrier and placed his hand over it. Focusing his magic into a thin line to fit through the hole was the hardest part of this challenge. A soft yellow line of magic moved through the hole and spread like glitter around her. It fell softly and changed the inside of the tunnel to a black. The walls disappeared and they were both surrounded in darkness.

Chihiro moaned, rubbing her left wrist and feeling uneven skin, she then sat up looking around in the darkness. She was scared. She couldn’t see a thing. “Haku?” she squeaked.

As she turned her neck around she saw a glowing white light appear in front of her. It was followed by many others and they started to light the room and she could see Haku standing on the other side of the barrier with a sweet smile on his face.

Chihiro, still rubbing her wrist smiled back at him, “This is beautiful.”

“I thought you would like it. It makes me think of-“

“-the night you remembered your name.” Chihiro finished for him.

Haku’s smile grew bigger and he went up to the barrier and touched it softly placing his palm against and Chihiro hesitantly did the same. “I’m so sorry I wasn’t here last night… I was remembering and I fell asleep on the floor…” Haku blushed embarrassed.

“I- it’s okay,” the girl said softly, remembering the hurt feeling she felt last night.

“OH! I wanted to ask did you get hurt at all today? I panicked today and thought that something bad may have happened to you?” Chihiro gave him a questioning look and Haku explained the feeling and when it happened. Chihiro looked at him wide eyed.