Chapter 15: The Hole

Chihiro

“Haku!” She ran up close to the barrier. She hesitantly put her small hand through the bigger hole. Haku was quick to grab it. A huge sigh was released from Chihiro. Warmth spread through her finger tips to the rest of her body. Haku’s head was leaning up against the barrier. “Haku? Are you okay?” A worried look crossed her face. He looked up, seeing her expression.

             “No, I’m fine, love. I’m exhausted from using that much magic, but it was worth it.” He looked down that their entwined hands. “Oh, Chihiro. You have no clue how much I love you.” A faint smile spread across his lips. Little beads of sweat formed around his temples. “I don’t know if you realize how much I’ve waited for this moment. To touch you in any way possible. Even if it is your hand, it’s better than no being able to do anything.” She nodded.

             “Haku, thank you. I really needed this. This is one thing that is keeping me grounded to this earth. I need you, in case you haven’t realized. I need you more than water and food and oxygen. Because without you, I’m not alive. Now you know why I need you.”

Haku

A quiet laugh felt Haku’s lips. “You are such a dork…” He let go of her can and flipped it over in his hand and rubbed his thumb over the top of her hand in small circles. “How as school been?” Haku asked his question as he realized a ray of sun light coming from Chihiro’s side of the tunnel.

“No way!” He gasped and he looked behind him to see it was growing dark. “We’ve been here all night! You need your sleep I’m so sorry Chihiro!” Haku gripped her hand tightly then glanced toward the bathhouse.

“You need sleep too.”

“I don’t want to but I’m going to have to go…” Haku stated sadly.

“I understand,” Chihiro said knowing that running the bathhouse is a tasking job. “So tomorrow night?”

“Of course.” Haku smiled.

They both started to walk away their hands slowly pull away from each other their fingers brush until the last touch. They both walked out of the tunnel backwards facing each other not waiting to look away.

“Wait!” Haku ran back to the barrier and Chihiro ran back to meet him.

“What?! what is it?” She asked.

Haku clapped his hands together and pulled them apart slowly revealing an inch wide band. He reached through the hole and grabbed the girls dainty left wrist. He wrapped the band around her wrist and used his magic to make it a perfect fit.

Chihiro examined her new bracelet in awe. It was a smooth leather like material that fitted around her wrist comfortably. It was a black with blue and white scales scattered on the black surface.

“ There…” Haku leaned down and kissed the top of her hand. “See you tomorrow.”

Both boy and girl smiled as they walked to their own worlds not wanting to leave the one they created together.

**EEEKKKK!!!!! Solutions, right?? Like c'mon. Totally makes up for the Kao thing right? Right....:P xx