Chapter 18: More Truth

Chihiro

“Chihiro! What’s wrong?” Haku’s eyes were big with worry. She shook her head. Tears flowed down her cheeks, stinging the nails marks she had gotten from the hit. “Chihiro, do you want to talk about it?” She shook her head again. Words couldn’t be formed. It was almost like she was choking, not getting enough air. She sank to her knees and put her head down. “Chihiro, are you sure!?”

             “Haku.” She choked out. He bent down and touched her cheek where the marks were. She flinched back but fell into his hand. She felt a tingling sensation in her cheek and the pain started going away. She looked up at Haku and he smiled at her, a small smile. “Now, why don’t we talk about this. And everything that’s happened.”

Haku

Haku looked at the broken girl and waited patiently .

Chihiro’s mouth opened and closed a few times to dry to form any words. After a few minutes of that and fiddling with her bracelet she gulped and then spoke. “Re-remember what I told you happened yesterday?” Haku nodded and she continued, “Well… that guy as the whole believing I….” She faded off not wanting to say something so crude to someone as pure as Haku.

“What did he tell people Chihiro? I know it’s not true so please… tell me.” Haku inquired  solftly.

“ah… he is telling people I slept with him…” Haku stared at her blankly. Chihiro realized being from the spirit world he may not know what that term means. “He is telling people I had sex with him…..” She looked away from Haku’s gaze.

Red. Haku felt his ears, cheeks and eyes go red. “WHAT!? why would he say such a thing?” Haku checked himself and made sure to keep his voice in a quiet range. “Please continue…”

Chihiro started again, ”this mark…” she touched her now healed cheek, “was from him.. he slapped me when I confronted him about his lies… He tried to apologize but I didn’t want to hear it. I want nothing to do with him Haku… I only want you..” Chihiro said grabbing his hand and holding close to her face soft tears falling from her eyes.

**Sorry for this being sooooo short!!!!! They're getting longer i know it!!! :3 this was kinda just a filler.  xx