Chelsey inexpectantly touched her lips with mine. A warming sensation hit me and I kissed back. Before I knew it, I felt cold hands on my back. I was thrown out of balance. I stood up. "What the hell Chelsey?"

"Don't deny it Cole, you kissed back. Don't tell me you don't love me." That annoying smirk crossed Chelsey's face.

"Chelsey you cannot just play with a dude's hormones like that. That is not fair." I went to pick a new tree to sit by.

"Okay I am sorry, but I am a little jealous." Chelsey lied the blanket on me.

"Jealous why? You can get any guy in the world Chels." I felt awkward sitting down while she was standing.

"I always wanted you. Every other guy was never like you. I hated it, hated sleeping around to get your attention. I planned out our entire life together.But until Sandra came---."

"Chels," I laughed at how innocent the girl standing in front of me was, "you knew we would have mates."

"Yes, but that never stopped me. Even your father said it. Love can never tear two apart." She turned from me and went back to the previous tree.

Oh, do I have to? My mind was fighting with itself. Oh fine! I stood up and walked over to a weeping girl. "Can I share your tree with you?" Chelsey wiped her eyes and intended to laugh but snorted.

"Please." She scooted over to give a needed space between her and me.

"You will find your mate soon. You need someone that will take care of you and that is not me." I lifted her chin. "Okay?"

"Yea." She sighed. "You probably think I am disgusting right now." She burst out laughing.

A smile rose on my face and I shook my head. "At least you clean up nice."

She hit me in the arm. Shut up."

"Hey." I whined. "It is cold, when you hit someone it feels like you are stabbing them with something."

"Okay we best be getting to bed loser. Night." Chelsey moved to the other side of the tree.

Take Two: "Good night."

-----------------------------------

October 30

The sun caught on the pine trees making it look like the world was on fire. I felt ice cold water dripping on my head and looked up. An icicle was melting in the tri-colored sun of red, oranges, and yellows. I looked out at our camp site and the fire was still steaming. Most people were huddled with another person and a blanket. What can I say, it is just warmer. Chelsey was still sleeping against the tree. I stood up and stretched, feeling the problem of sleeping on the cold ground for a night. I put the blanket on Chelsey and watched as the camp sight began to come to life again.

"We'll head north again today until we reach the marked territories. Then wait for my orders." I strongly enforced the orders as one-hundred and some eyes stared at me. I glanced at Richie who smiled at how well I could speak to the people. "Everyone, let's start transforming."

I dismissed everyone to pack up and head out and Richie stopped me. "Your father would be so proud of you."

"Why?"

"You're the only one of us Alphas who have been able to get the pack to listen to that well. You will be a great Alpha." He dropped his hand on my shoulder and began to take his sweatshirt off so he could transform.

I walked away with mixed feelings hoping that I would be able to find my mate to become an Alpha. Beta would never cut it for me.

I looked straight forward and transformed into my auburn colored wolf. Chelsey caught my eye and I smiled. I lifted my head to the bright morning sky and howled. Lets do this.