Moody harrumphed, "Quill scratcher."

"Farrette's in the Investigation Department," said Arthur.

"What is that?" said Lindsay.

"It's a branch of the Auror Office that investigates claims of Dark Magic abuse. The Investigation Department researches dark witches and wizards—."

"—and we Aurors do the real work and capture them," finished Moody.

"Farrette's particular talent is tracking down cursed objects and bewitched creatures," said Arthur.

"What part of 'I'll tell you about it when I get back' did you misunderstand?" said Remus to Sirius as the latter approached with a bright wide smile.

"I got tired of waiting, and I want to have a talk with Albus," replied Sirius.

"So you risk safety and secrecy for a little chat?" growled Moody.

"No one knows I'm here," said Sirius in a dismissive tone with a manner to match.

"Constant vigilance!" barked Mad-Eye as he took a step closer to Sirius. "You could've brought an army of Death Eaters here and you'd be none the wiser!"

"Oh dear," muttered Arthur. He stepped closer to Moody and Remus did the same with Sirius.

"I'm not a damn fool, Moody!" shouted Sirius. "I escaped Azkaban without help and evaded capture with half the wizarding world looking for me!"

"Only because the best of us were politely looking the other way!" replied Moody.

"Stop it!" shouted Arthur. "We have enough opposition without turning on each other."

Remus pulled Sirius away and into the dining room. Lin followed and hurriedly filled wine glasses and began passing them out. Moody left to inspect the outside of the property for spies.

"Let it go, Sirius," said Remus. "It's not worth fighting over."

"I'm not exactly an amateur, Remus. I fought in the first war. I know what's at stake."

"Moody's just tired—" said Remus.

"So am I," replied Sirius.

"And irritable—"

"Who isn't?"

"And paranoid."

"He's got that one on me."

Lin was piling food onto a plate to take to Albus. "I suppose the Dark Lord could make anyone paranoid."

"Where did you learn that?" blurted Sirius.

"Learn what?" said Lin.

"That phrase, 'the Dark Lord'? Only Death Eaters say that."

"I must've picked it up from Professor Snape. He says it alot."

"Don't say it anymore, Lin," warned Remus.

"Okay."

"You spend too much time with Snape," said Sirius.

"Don't be silly. He's harmless."

"He's not harmless, and using Death Eater lingo will get you killed," said Sirius.

"I'll be mindful of how I speak in the future, Sirius, but I won't let you dictate who I can and can't associate with." Lindsay stormed out of the room, purposely ending the conversation.

#

"Good of you to come on such short notice, Dee," said Albus as he waved his hand toward a chair indicating that Farrette should sit and make himself comfortable. "Would you like a drink, or perhaps a lemon drop?"