Seeing Double Chapter 30

I step forward onto the wet sand as the tides retreated back into the ocean. The smell of sea salt was in the air, I loved the beach. I watched the waves drew nearer and nearer to me, I took a few steps back, so the waves wouldn't reach me. I watched seagulls on the rocks, making those funny screeching noises. I glanced around, the beach was pretty empty compared to the weekends. The twins near the trees caught my eyes, what are they up to now?

I sauntered over quietly, I really wanted to know what they're doing. As I got closer, trying to peer over they're shoulders but I was undersize. I kind of hate my life. 

I heard them muttering stuff I couldn't understand. I strained my ears but it was futile. I creeped closer and closer, with every step the sound of the feet shuffling on the sand, threatening to expose me. Luckily, I had gone unoticed. 

"I vote she has a bigger chest" one of them said. 

With their backs turned on me, I had to guess which was which since they look the same. I guess it was Jacob, he always talks like that. That means he's shirtless. 

Many scenes of me running my hands down his abs and other stuff I always wanted to do with him half-naked was running through my mind. 

"Nah, it looks fine like this. Making it bigger might make everything ugly. I like what we done with her hair though." the other responded. 

Now I was the temptation of peeping was really overwhelming. I stood next to Jacob, in front of them was a pile of sand. It couldn't be a sandcaslte, it looked more like a scuplure. But everything was falling apart. It looked more or less like a walrus, with boobs and long hair. 

"So, what do you think? Jake nudged Jacob. 

"It looks like a walrus with hair and boobs." I commented. 

Jake jumped while Jacob nod his head, "Yeah, I kind of agree with you. What can I say, our art ain't that good as yours" 

"Hey!-" I held back my insult. Wait, did he just complimented me? I stared at him, caught between shock and happiness. He cocked an eyebrown at me. "What?" 

I shook my head, "No! Its nothing! I just thought that... Maybe that... I didn't know that...You just...that...I'll just shut up now" I clamped my mouth close. I just had to act stupid. 

He chuckled and messed my hair up. I scowled at him which earned me one of those oh-so-handsome-grin. I stared dreamingly at him as he turned his attention to Jake. "You didn't notice her? I mean, you didn't hear the sand? She drags her feet everywhere she goes, like those walruses." 

"No! I heard nothing!" 

"Deaf" I heard Jacob murmured.

"I heard that!"

"So, you made me a walrus?" I cutted in, not wanting them to fight. It was tempting, but no, I'd rather enjoy the peace. 

"No!" they shouted together. A smirk playing at my lips. 

"It was suppose to be you" Jake commented. 

"Yeah, but we obviously fail art" Jacob sighed then whip his fringe out of his eyes. 

They tried to make me out of sand( walrus ), that was just too sweet. Excluding the walrus part though. I mean, how many cute guys would make you out of sand? A pair of twins too. And did I mention how sweet this is? 

I tackled the guys down onto the sand, hugging them as much as my arms could. Surprised gasps from the boys, before they groaned as they landed butt first on the sand. Rolling in the deep? Nah, I prefer rolling in the sand. 

"Awwww! You guys are so sweet!" I cooed. 

"Yeah, whatever." Jacob responded, looking away. I could have swore I saw a small blush on his cheeks. 

"No problemo Ris!" Jake grabbed me by the arms and we kind of rolled over and under each other on the sand. Well, until I choked on it and couldn't breathe properly. Tears tugged at my eyes, threatening to spill out as I tried catching my breath. 

"Shit, Iris!"  I heard Jacob somemore behind me. 

Someone slammed something hard on my back a few times before I could finally get all the oxygen into me. I heard a slap, my head automatically snapping at where the sound came from. Not surprisingly, Jake was holding his upper arm, groaning in pain, while Jacob just looked pissed at the world. 

"She could've died." 

"No, she would not!" Jake denied at once. 

"She could've! Did you see her face turn purple? Of course not, you were thrown off guard!" Jacob snapped. 

Jacob's scary when he's angry. I stood there quietly, looking at ground as all the cuss words starting sprawling out of Jacob's mouth. A couple of grunts from Jake too. It's kind of harsh, I mean, maybe I should cut in. 

"Jacob..?" I said in a small voice. "I'm okay now, d-don't blame it on Jake" I stared at the ground, not daring to look up. I heard him sigh.

"Jake, go get food" 

"Why do I have to go get-" Jake got abruptedly cut of by Jacob.

"Go. Get. Food. Now." He said, giving his death glare, while pointing at the stores, which looked like it would take forever to go there and come back. Jake scowled but do as told, jogging away from us. Jacob turned his attention to me, I gulped. What was he going to do now? Was he going to tell me off for telling him off? Shoot. I shouldn't have said anything at all.

He fell back, head first onto the sand. 

Did he pass out?! I stared wide-eyed at him, as he patted the sand next to him. I gave a sigh of relief, for a moment I thought he passed out. 

The both of us stared at the baby blue sky, white puffy clouds, each differing from one another. 

"I'm sorry you had to see that, Iris."  He said, in such a small voice that if I wasn't paying attention, I would've missed it. 

"It's okay Jacob. You were, well, worried." 

"Still, I'm sorry Iris" 

"Its okay" 

"Just shut up and accept my apology" 

"Okay" I answered in a meek voice. 

We watched the clouds passed, nobody willing to break the silence. Soon I felt my world enveloping into darkness, as weariness got the better of me. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI THERE! Thanks for reading:) vote, comment, fan!:D I'm sorry this is a short chapter. Writer block:X  And I've got club activites and all, having a camp:D! I love camps:) But the exams are coming up for me-_- AHHA okay anyway, I'll try to make it longer with more planning and stuff the next upload:) cause I hardly do plannings:b thanks for reading again! :)