Seeing Double Chapter 22

Then he burst out laughing. I continued staring at him. Huh? Jacob came storming up towards us with Jake brisk walking behind, Jacob grabbed Evan by his shirt and held him up against the wall. 

Okay, what? 

~*~

"You stay away from her" Jacob said, with a dangerously low voice. I stared at him in shock. "Um.. J-Jacob?" I stuttered. He looked like another person, a pissed off person you don't want to mess with. He either didn't hear me or ignored me. His fist collided into Evan's right cheek, causing him to wince a little before laughing humorlessly. "You really think I will?" Evan stared directly into Jacob's eyes, ignoring the fact Jacob seemed furious. 

"You bastard!" Jacob yelled before punching him in the gut. 

"Jacob! No!" I screamed and ran to intervene just before Jacob raise his fist again. The moment I saw the fist nearing my face I knew for sure I'll get it bad. I closed my eyes and stood my ground. Before I could feel the impact, I felt myself getting pulled away and I heard Jacob's fist landed onto something. I snapped open my eyes, Jacob's punch got stopped by someone, who had his hand around my shoulders. 

"Enough Jacob" the familiar voice rung through my head. Jacob retreated his fist away from Evan. "Evan, I hope you stay away from her, do you understand me?" I turned up and saw Jake with an unfamiliar expression. It was cold and seemed to give him more authority, different from the ones I used to see everyday. This one, told Evan to go to his place. Why though?

"Let's go Jacob" Jake turned me in the direction of the stairs. I heard another footsteps behind us, I was sure it was Jacob's. I was led to a blue car. 

"Get in" 

I gulped and nod, getting into the car. I thought the Charter brothers always walked to school. Jacob got in, starring at the windows as the car drove off. It didn't take a genius to figure out, he was not happy with something. 

We were travelling past a forest till a big Manson came into view. The boys got out. I guessed that was my cue. I stood in awe, looking at the big house, painted in different shades of blue and white. "Come on Iris, we need to talk" Jacob spoke. His voice was not as hard as before, but seemed upset. Jake nod leading me to the door. 

"Mom, we're gonna be at the backyard." Jake yelled. 

There was no response. 

Jake led us towards the backyard before taking a seat on one of the four swings. He motioned for me to sit. Jacob soon joined us. 

"So"Jake started."I'll be telling you a few things, you may not understand here and there but well, just listen up, okay?" 

I nod. 

"When we were freshman, there were an equal or slightly more girls here. But by a year, the girls were said to be either expelled or just transfer out. Yeah, it was definitely weird, so Jacob and I went to check out what's happening." He nod at Jacob. 

Weird. Maybe the girls just didn't like it here? But most of them were gone. Not good. Something's definetly going on. I simply nod. 

Jacob continued. "And we could see this pattern, there were four guys in our school. That each girl would be last seen with, before they leave. Evan Iverson, you've already met. Chris Leward, a brunette, blue eyes. Oliver Bing, blond with green eyes. And finally, Jackson Reed, brunette with blue eyes." 

"Iris, these four people are extremely dangerous. It's been more than obvious the school hadn't taken any action, even though these four guys are really suspicious. So both of us suspect something's going on, there's some connection between the four and the principal. I had done way much worse pranks than those girls can even dream off and I wasn't expelled, Stevens hadn't even called our parents."  

Meaning, something's wrong with Mr Stevens. But. 

"But how come I got into trouble and nothing happened to me?" I asked puzzled. 

"Yet," Jake stated. "That's why I'm guessing Evan got closed to you, Iris, you spoke to you in class today for the first time, right?" 

I nod. 

"So that's it. You're probably the next target. It's not good, we haven't been able to find out what Stevens' up to yet. So Iris, I need you to promise me-" Jake got cut off by Jacob. "Us" 

Jake gave him a look. "Us, that you'll stay safe and not get too close to the four guys. Just in case, if anything happens, just run as fast as you can away from them. Or you can do what all girls do"  Jake grinned. 

I tilted my head a little, giving hm a confused look. 

"Kick him where the sun doesn't shine?" 

"Oh okay, but then what if they start talking to me?" 

"Ignore them. Completely. It's better if you had no interaction with them." Jake said, placing an arm around me. "So that means, you're gonna be hanging out more with us now." 

"Stop flirting Jake" 

"Stop flirting Jake" Jake mimicked him. 

"I'm serious, before I rip your balls off" Jacob growled.

"THAT'S IT" Jacob grabbed Jake and flung him onto the soft grass. And they started rolling over each other on the grass, getting mud on every part of their bodies. 

I couldn't help but laugh. So much for making this a serious matter. Both of them stopped and starred and me. 

"What?" They responded.

"You guys are just like little kids" I teased. 

Then an evil smirk flashed on their faces, they stopped playing around and inched towards me. "No guys, these clothes are my favourite so no. NO!" I got dragged out of the swing and fell face first on the soft grass. I could hear the Charter twins chuckling. 

"Oh you're both so dead" 

I dragged both of them, sending all three of us tumbling on the grass, mud and pieces of grass sticking in our hair and outfit but I couldn't care less. They say revenge was sweet, well, I'll say its sweaty, muddy and a whole lot of fun.