The Energy Sponge

Start from the beginning

"It will take a day to get there. We need to plan this right before the full moon. Tonight will be the time." Richie rushed out of the meeting room's doors and went to prepare the others. 

"You feeling better man?" Geo stuck his arm out so I could stand up. 

"Yes, nothing that a good old fight can't fix." I lifted myself in a standing position and followed Richie's path to get ready for tonight. 

--------------------------------------------------

Sandra's Perspective

I was viciously tapping my hands on my knees. I don't understand how any sick person has patience to just stare at a wall all day and lie in bed. I focused on the ruckus outside and watched as people ran down the halls and were shouting commands. 

"What the hell is going on?" I shouted from my bed because I knew I couldn't stand up. 

Colt burst through my door with the sound of shouting in the background. "It's war. Cole's pack is coming. He knows where we are." 

Joy and horror flooded through my already pale face. "Well how do you know?" 

"From you. The medicine worked." Colt did not have his normal calm edge to himself. He seemed alarmed. 

Colt turned to walk out the door and I noticed the guns strapped in his belt. Reality smacked me in the face and I realized that war was here and I was helpless. I stepped out of my bed going toward the door Colt accidentally left open. 

One step at a time. Right. Left. Right. Left. Trip. I grabbed the wall and pulled myself up. I can do this. I grabbed the door frame and slid out into the hallway where no one noticed my escape because they were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. 

Guns were everywhere scattered here and there and I shoved one down the belt of my pants and continued down the unknown hallway. Sliding my feet across the filthy floor I had no idea where I wanted to go, but I knew I wanted to get away from my cell. 

A soft cackle emerged in my right ear. "Why do we keep trying?" I knew immediately who the person was by the feeling of a mustache on my ear. 

I felt the gun in my pocket, but did not have the strength to grab it. A strong hand squeezed my neck and shoved me in a fairly modern room. 

Dark hardwood floor lined the room and a huge desk took up the side of the room and on the other side a bunch of books shelves lined the pastel colored walls that matched the blue rug. 

The man drew the curtains until all that was shining was artificial light coming from the lamps. "Your prince charming can longer save you. He will have to go through a lot to get to you. How do you even know he loves you?" 

I slid down the wall  struggling to keep enough energy to stare the man in the eyes. "I don't need a. . .a psychology  talk." 

The cackle appeared. "Not so strong when you are disabled." 

I sat in the corner of the room hoping that someone would bust open the door but nothing happened. What happened to the cool action movies where karate is useful? 

"You may enjoy an upper adjustment from your cell." The man walked to the door and turned the door knob. "This time my son won't be here to save you." He walked out of the room and I ran to the door. 

I was shaking the knob, but the knob was locked. Who makes a door that locks on the outside? Fire hazard much? 

I turned the lights off and set up the chair so I could see the stars outside. I felt my head drop and the energy of my body disappear. Maybe sleep will clear things up. That's what my mother always said, "sleep is the cure for everything." Yea, but not for a love sick heart. Oh Cole. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okee Dokee, 

So if you can't tell the book will be ending within a couple of chapters and I wanted to take a survey if I should write a second book and if you all would be up for reading it? (You don't have to tell me now, but just for a general feel) 

It's either a second book or a different book. -Oh decisions, decisions-

(It would help a lot if you would comment and tell me.) 

If you liked the chapter you have options: vote and comment or just sit back and smile and tell people about how amazing it is(just kidding.)

You guys are great, 

Sarah