Luke Castellan || Sacrifice [4/4]

Start from the beginning

He slashed and slashed as I dodged all of his strikes. "Luke! It's me! Look at me!" I said. But it was no use. He was still attacking me.

"LUKE PLEASE!"

"YOU BETRAYED ME!" He suddenly screamed as we clashed.

"NO, LUKE! DON'T LISTEN TO KRONOS! HE IS JUST USING YOU TO DESTROY THE WORLD! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" I shouted back at him.

"LIAR!" He shrieked, kneeing my stomach. I lost my balance and fell to the ground of black debris.

My hand looked for my sword. Where the heck is it?!

"You'll die." Luke's voice boomed at me. I felt the tip of his sword touch my throat. He looked at me with an expressionless face.

"Luke, please..." I pleaded.

"NEVER!" He dug the blade deeper. I could feel blood trickling out of my throat.

"Please Luke! Please! Don't do this!"

"You have no choice!" He raised his sword and was about to kill me. But his sword was stopped, it threw itself far away from him.

"What the.." Luke looked to where it came from. I stood up and ran to Nico.

"Thanks for saving me," I told him. He smiled and shoved me.

"OH WELL THEN! I GUESS IT'S TIME TO DO MY WORST!" Kronos laughed evilly. All of a sudden Kronos disappeared. Suddenly Luke's eyes glowed white.

"NORY! NICO! STAY AWAY FROM LUKE!" I heard Percy shout at us. We ran to Percy and Annabeth, who were so tired that they knelt on the ground, holding each other's hands. "What's going on?" I asked. "He...he took over Luke's body." Annabeth answered. "He's inside him."

"W-What?" I couldn't believe it. "No—No!" I shouted and ran towards him. I grabbed his body. "LUKE! WAKE UP!!!"

But then he punched me, sending me falling to the ground.

"NORY!" Nico caught me. "It's no use, you know that?!"

"Kronos! Don't use him!" Percy said.

"YOU REALLY THINK I WOULDN'T? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" He laughed.

The monsters came making a circle around us.

"Nory, we'll take care of this," Nico whispered to me. "Take Luke back." He nodded at me. I hugged him and smiled softly. "Good luck," he said.

I warped swiftly towards Luke. "HEY KRONOS!" I shouted. Luke turned around and grabbed Kronos' scythe. "Wanna challenge me, daughter of Demeter?" He smiled slyly.

I glared at him. Crystals formed around me.

"Ah, warping, very, very, interesting," his eyes gleamed. I charged and warped all my weapons at him as Luke dodged my strike. I let go and disappeared.

"COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!" Kronos bellowed, turning and turning around looking for me. I then materialized behind him and kicked him, on his soft spot. I kicked behind his knee, and then he fell. I knew it was Luke's soft spot. "AGH!"

He was lying on the ground and was about to reach for his scythe. I kicked the scythe and pointed a long golden sword to his chest. "Let go of him," I said with a voice I never heard before. Suddenly, as I never expected, I heard Luke's voice. "LET GO OF ME!" His voice shouted, holding his neck. "GET OUT!"

"NOT THIS TIME, SON OF HERMES!" Kronos' voice said. Luke's body rolled and rolled, punching himself. "YOU LITTLE UNTRUSTWORTHY MINION. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!"

"LEAVE MY BODY!" Luke screamed.

I watched him harming himself. I was so helpless. I didn't know what to do.

"I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOUR BODY UNLESS YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND OF TURNING AWAY FROM ME!"

"THAT'S IT!" He screamed. I saw his dear face, looking at me, then pulling out a bronze dagger that was actually Annabeth's. How did he get the dagger?

"NORY!" I turned around and saw Percy, Annabeth and Nico running towards me. I ignored them and saw Luke pointing the dagger to his chest.

"LUKE! NO!!!" I screamed. I tried to stop him.

"GO AHEAD, CASTELLAN! DO YOUR WORST!" Kronos said.

I held his hand tight. "LUKE DON'T KILL YOURSELF!"

"I HAVE TO, NORY!" I saw tears run down his face. "FOR THE GODS' SAKE! I HAVE TO KILL KRONOS! AND THE ONLY WAY IS BY KILLING MYSELF!"

"LUKE PLEASE! DON'T!—"

"I-I'm sorry Nory...just remember...I love you..." He closed his eyes. It was too late. He stabbed himself on his chest. The screams of Kronos were no longer heard. Silence went over. And then right after Luke collapsed. I caught him.

"L-LUKE!" I gasped. There was no blood. But he was dead. "Luke..." I cried. I rested my forehead on him. He lied on the ground. Nico ran to me and supported his back. Percy and Annabeth watched me crying. "I'm so...sorry..."

"He's dead.." Annabeth muttered, grabbing her bronze dagger. "It...can't be..."

He just...sacrificed himself for everything...

"Luke please..." I closed my eyes, cupping his cheeks. "Come back...to me..."

***

*Nico's POV*

I sat on the stool, watching Nory as she stared out at the sea. I knew that we won the war, and I'm so glad that it was over. But still...I felt so guilty. My friend had her anxieties now that—Luke disappeared. I felt so much regret. It's like I wanted to bring Luke back. And we promised to bring him back.

I had to do it. For Nory.

I shadow-traveled to the Underworld, and then headed to Elysium. Luke was there, wandering. I saw his face filled with happiness. He deserved it. He deserved to be a hero after what he had done.

I saw him stare at me with his sky blue eyes. "Nico?"

I guess everything would be perfectly fine...

*Your POV*

I stared at the celestial sky hovering above me. The stars twinkled brightly, all in different colors. Aurora lights, orbs, and beautiful colored skies appeared. This had never happened. What was going on?

"Nory?" A familiar voice suddenly spoke behind me.

I turned around and saw the most impossible thing that happened. There was Luke, standing right before me, his smile staring back at me. It's couldn't be...he's alive!

"Luke?" I said, astonished. "Is..is that really you?" A tear came rolling out of my dark brown eyes.

"I'm back..Nory. I came back for you," his angelic voice was heard once again. Tears came out more. I then ran towards him as he did the same. The celestial sky above us reflected our eyes, as we met each other with a long, passionate kiss. It was a never-ending kiss—our love once again conquered every worst thing that happened between us.

"I love you, Nory."

"I love you too Luke."

We smiled at each other and kissed again. Now that we live happily ever after—I guess it's time to end this story as well.