Three months later part two

Here is the next part. Please enjoy. 

Several hours later. Kanan POV

I sighed in relief, finally able to see my son again. When we had arrived at the main ship's med center he was ripped from my arms and it took all my willpower to not fight back. Walking into the small room my heart broke to see him so still. Carefully I picked him up and sat on the bed. 

"The good news is, the high fever was his body trying to react to the chemicals," Ashoka said coming to stand beside us..

"But he is going to be okay?" I  asked looking up, still clutching my boy to my chest. 

"Yes, it could take days, weeks even, for the chemicals to work through his system," Ashoka said a soft smile on her face watching the infant let out a soft sigh of peace.  

"He is quite adorable," she said.

"Thank you," I said planting a soft kiss on Ezra's head. 

"Is he yours biologically?" Ashoka asked.

"Adopted but I love him as if he was," I said laying my head on Ezra's.

"He truly is a precious gift, exactly what you needed," she said laying a hand on my shoulder before walking out the door. 

No sooner did she leave than the rest of the crew followed by Rex, Wolf,and Gregor rushed in to see Ezra.

"Awe," Gregor cooed. "He's a tiny little bugger, ain't he?"

"How old is he?" Zeb asked staring at his tiny friend.

"Six months old," I replied moving Ezra so they could see his tiny face.

"Awe!"

"So how long is he stuck like this?" Sabine asked moving so she could touch the soft cheek.

"Until the chemicals work through his system. It could take a while which stinks because his birthday is in two months," I said looking over at Hera.

"Is he even aware of what's going on?" She asked.

"I don't know. If he is, I don't think he cares at the moment," I chuckled causing the baby to make small laughs in his sleep.

Rex smiled and turned to the other clones.

"Right, men we have baby things to find. Move out!" He ordered.

"Hey Rex!" I called causing them to pause. "Thanks."

The older man smiled and nodded before continuing on his way. 

Hera POV

Several weeks have passed and everyone slowly got use to Ezra being baby. I know Kanan is loving it or at least I think he is. Suddenly the cockpit doors snapped opened to reveal said person. 

"Hey Love, is something wrong?" I asked noticing his expression.

"No," he said sounding falsely chipper. "Why would anything be wrong. My son is a baby and totally defenseless."

I gave him a weird look as he sat down with a heavy sigh.

"Kanan it sounds like you are upset that he's a baby again?"

"Oh I'm thrilled. I can't tell you how many times I have imagined being able to hold him like that, rock him to sleep with a promise that everything is going to be okay whether you believe it or not. But now the Empire knows that he is a baby and will stop at nothing to get him back. I'm worried."

"Oh Kanan," I said before a scream echoed through his comm. "What was that?"

"Ezra," he said running a hand down his face. "Wanna come with me?"

Star Wars Rebels Season Two AUOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara