Siege of Lothal

Hello everyone! Let me first apologize for the long wait. I have just gotten married and had a horrible writer's block. My husband is at work so I was finally able to sit down and finish this chapter. Second thing Siege of Lothal is going to go a little bit different so I do hope you all enjoy. 

Time skip A few weeks later. Kanan POV

I sighed as I continued to listen to the Commander drone on. I can't understand why Hera wants to be apart of this. I watched Ezra lean against the console sleep threatening to make him yawn. I was thrilled that he was back to normal but the last two weeks he has been very tired.  A part of me wanted to suggest some sleep and catch him before he hit the ground, but then again that would cause a major ruckus. Luckily Chopper came wheeling in beeping loudly.

"What is the meaning of this?" Commander Sato asked.

"An incoming transmission," I answered. "Who from?Ah... never mind just play it."

Ezra smirked at me while Hera glared.

"Uh, one-way transmission Chop," she ordered.

Suddenly Joe appeared and looked slightly uncomfortable.

"Hey it's Joe," Ezra smiled happy to see the old bar keep.

"I can't see you but I can hear you. There is someone who needs to get into contact with you and well... just see for yourselves," he said stepping away.

As soon as he did Mister Tua appeared.

"Whoa!" the kids gasped.

"End transmission Chopper," I ordered jumping from my seat.

"Wait," Hera said stopping me. "Minister what do you want?"

"Please hear me out," the woman begged. "I need a way off Lothal, my life is in danger. I will trade secrets if you can get me out of here."

"You're defecting?" Sabine was still unconvinced.

The minister nodded almost to the point of tears, she really was frightened.

"She's telling the truth," Ezra said looking at me.

I nodded and looked at Hera.

"Really?" Zeb asked annoyed.

"Quiet, alright what do you have to trade?" Hera asked.

"A list of sympathizers," she said her voice cracking.

I could tell that she was losing hope that we would even agree to this mission.

"How do we know that they haven't already been arrested?" Hera asked. 

"Please," she begged.

Ezra stood beside me and slightly pushed against my side. I looked down at him and the answer was clear.

"Alright, I'm convinced," I said turning back to the others.

"Commander Sato?" Hera asked.

"This will be valuable to us, alright, I grant this mission," he said.

"Minister hang tight, the Calvary is on it's way. Send us your coordinates," Ezra said.

She smiled gratefully and ended the call. I watched Ezra walk out of the debriefing room making a mental note to talk to him later. Right now I had to get out of here.

Hera POV

I can't believe my husband sometimes. I smiled politely at Ashoka and Sato and took off after him.